Dell Dimension 9100

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gethsemane, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I downloaded the BIOS A03 Revision from Dell's support section. I've made the files .ROM and .HDR and tried using Phoenix BIOS Editor 2.2.1.3 and it states no BCPs found. Is there a way to go around this? I've used Everest and RW Everything and my BIOS has no SLIC present.

I'm willing to risk bricking my desktop to edit the BIOS and add in a SLIC table, preferably 2.1 but will do 2.0 for testing purposed. If anyone can steer me in the right direction on how to get past the no BCPs error with PBE, or use something else to edit it I'd be more than happy to give it a try. Seems the Dimension 9100 was the last Dimension model to be used for XP as Dimension 9200 has SLIC 2.0 for Vista.

I'm usually always browsing these forums so any suggestions would help thanks a lot! :D

Edited: And just for extra information I did have Windows Vista Ultimate previously running with a loader and it was activated. So I'm wondering if the loaders right now just aren't programmed to work for a non-SLIC BIOS. I am certain that I do not have a SLIC table present anywhere.

2. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    The Dimension 9100 and about 80% of Dell bioses have a proprietory bios that Dell won't release to tools to compile/decompile. PBE won't work with these