Dell Dimension 9150 and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vick911c, Sep 1, 2011.

1. vick911c

vick911c MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    Hey Guys,
    New to the forum here and I'm completely lost and clueless as to what to do. I been looking around and searching but I haven't been able to figure it out. I don't know if I need to mod my bios or what else is required in the process. I have a dell computer which I have wiped clean, deleted previous dell partitions that had XP on it and installed a copy of Vista Ultimate on. Unfortunately the key I obtained from a friend won't activate. Can someone please point me in right direction to which I can figure out how to activate or reinstall a clean copy that will activate on this computer. Thanks to everyone in advance.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. vick911c

vick911c MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    First, thank for the reply and your help. I found a modded Bios for my Dell 9150 after some searching. I went ahead and updated the bios, installed the dell xrml certificate and installed a new Dell Vista Ultimate Key. Got it up and running and activated as well!

After reading your reply, I got to thinking, why not Windows 7. So basically do I just download a version of windows 7 and do the same as I did with Vista? How do I use Daz loader? Thanks again.