Dell G3 3779 laptop - limit cpu in bios to 90-99%

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by steffxxx, Oct 17, 2019.

1. steffxxx

steffxxx MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi

Can anyone help me to limit the cpu in dell bios of g3 3779 laptop to 90-99% ? The laptop has a problem and it will connect/disconnect continuously from AC adaptor/charging when CPU is being "used" at 100% (even if not 100% sometime). I've done everything to find the fault but I think something is wrong with the motherboard and once I set 90% max cpu performance in power settings in win10, no more problems, I then upped the limit to 99% and still worked perfectly (tested with prime95), if I max it to 100% cpu performance it does again but once I set 99% even with prime95 the battery is charging/no more disconnection issues (I replaced the battery but same issue)

I noticed the connecting/disconnection from charging once in bios as well if I restart the laptop right after being used at 100% for a bit then go to bios. If I reinstall windows I will have to set again the cpu limit to 99% in windows but if I do it in bios it will be safer Smile

There is no setting in bios as with most dell devices to play with cpu mhz/voltage etc. Is there any way to limit the cpu in bios by a mod/hack ?

Thank you very much

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Did you already upgrade it just to see if some changes have been done ?

3. steffxxx

steffxxx MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2013
    yes bios updated & reset, battery removed etc, windows reinstalled and updated