Dell Logo Bios Mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Spazm, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Spazm

Spazm MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    I am new to the whole BIOS mod scene and know very little about the whole process. I understand that Dell Bios files are particularly hard to mod due to decompression problems. Is there anyone who can give me an idea on how to mod the bios to change the splash screen within a bios file. I don't have a clue where to start, but understand there are intel tools that might be able to help with this process. The Intel Integrator Toolkit and the Intel Integrator Assistant. Looking for general help and ideas on updated only the splash screen.

2. Spazm

Spazm MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    #3 Spazm, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I had already saw that, but I need to modify the bios on an optiplex and not a laptop. I will look at the decompose thread. I know enough to get my self in trouble, but not enough to just do it with confidence. Also the new dell bios will not let me extract the files in the ios update executable. Is there a new tool I need to use to get around the visual c++ overlay error I continue to get. Just for an FYI I am trying to modify the bios of an optiplex 960 or newer. Again thanks for the help.