Dell m1530 bios in phoenix bios editor problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by big, Mar 23, 2010.

1. big

big MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2010
    Hi, I know that the bios has already had slic2.1 added to it by others, by I was trying to manually edit other settings that are not available to the user. One of my main focus points was trying to find some way to control the fan better. Unfortunately all of the 1530's suffer from a bad nvidia chip, so I was trying to set the fan to come on sooner or simply stay on at all times on low speed at least.

Anyways, the error I get from the phoenix editor is that no bcp's were found. I simply used the dell bios update exe with the -writeromfile. Tried extracting it with winPhlash64 but for some reason I have to supply a new bios file even to backup without flashing. When I use the one from the dell exe it tells me that the interface descriptions in the file are corrupted, error code -161. Is it that the dell bios is just heavily modified to the point that I can't edit it?

I'm new to all of this, and while most of the stuff here seems slic related this seemed like the place with the most knowledgeable people. Thanks :)

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. big

big MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2010
    i8kfangui is close but doesn't work on the newer models unfortunetly