Dell m1530 slic 2.1 bios

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hewligun, Aug 2, 2009.

1. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    it does not matter which order you do, I once thought my system bios was SLIC 2.1 ready, so i loaded both certificate and the SLP-OEM key before Bios ready.

2. root

root MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    #62 root, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Can some M1530 please test if the WiFi button/slider (at the right front corner) does still work after the BIOS update?

I've done the BIOS update some time ago, but for some reason the WiFi on/off (even in Vista) does not work anymore.. and yes.. It's set correct in the BIOS/
    (WiFi stays always on whatever position the slider is)

I'm not sure if this is due to the BIOS update or some other update.

3. Allshookup

Allshookup MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes... after the SLIC 2.1 flash on my Dell M1530 the wifi slider works fine. The only thing that it doesn't do is have the on screen visual notification but, I'm sure that is a software issues.

4. root

root MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    Thank you..
    I guess it's time for a new install here :)

5. TeeCupp

TeeCupp MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Just update your quickset from dell.;)

6. hewligun

hewligun MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    my question wasent the order but rather how do i load the certificate? do i have to use a loader program to load the certifcate or can i execute the certificate from the command line?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    flash your bios then check with everest if u have the slic updated to M09,
    the bios for the M1330 or M1530 is M08.
    so if it's M09, it should work fine.
    load the certificate with slmgr -ilc
    load the key with slmgr -ipk
    then type slmgr -ato , it will tell you that your product is activated if all worked fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. hewligun

Jul 31, 2009
    what do you mean by M08 or M09?

10. TeeCupp

TeeCupp MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2009
    bios build! When flashed to SLIC 2.1 it will be M09 otherwise M08 you get it now?

11. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    M08 or M09 is referred to as Dell Marker.
    Bios that marked with M08 has SLIC 2.0 which is for Vista activation, and M09 has SLIC 2.1 which is for Windows 7.

12. hewligun

Jul 31, 2009
    oh gotcha. I was going to say i was going off the A number. where do i see that number? will it show when i boot my laptop? i only see the A12 that i remember.

13. umihira

umihira MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    Hi everybody, I'm a newbie in IT. I want to active Window 7 64bit and I've been searching the way to do it but it's so hard for me to understand what to do
    can you show me step by step how to active it? I heard they say I need flash BIOS from SLIC 2.0 to 2.1 but i dont know what i should do, and then, how can i active win 7????!!!!!
    I'm using Dell m1530
    thank you so much :)

14. hewligun

Jul 31, 2009
    look back a few pages gives files and step by step.

15. hewligun

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok so i finally did this and it worked like a charm. my question is do i need to keep any of the certificate files at all? or do this process ever again if format and delete my partitions etc and reinstall win7?

or do i just need to enter the command from the command line the slmgr -ipk <key> after a format?

and finally the certificate and such isint version depandant right just the key is? so if i ever wanna just run home premium instead of ultimate i can just install it then load a home/premium key?

16. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    It depends on your version of W7, I think. If it is OEM, the certificate is there. If it is RTM you need to install the certificate again.

And yes to your second question.

I would keep the modded bios, the certificate file plus a selection of keys found on the web. You never know what the future might bring.

17. hewligun

Jul 31, 2009
    that does not really make sense. i thought the only difference between oem and retail (both are conisdered rtm) is the key used. If its using a manufacture certificate then the key used to load it activates it i would assume its oem.

18. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Yes, I was thinking of OEM specific, like "Dell OEM". If you come across such a windows version, it will activate on installing - in this case on a machine with a Dell (maybe modded) bios.

19. boriscolombia

boriscolombia MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi can someone please upload the bios for XPS1530 with slic 2.1 again? the link in the first page is now dead, are there any new keys released besides the lenovo one?? thanks.