Dell OEM, gateway pc

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by osuwop, Apr 2, 2010.

1. osuwop

osuwop MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    I have gateway laptop t-6836, that is about 1.5 years old. I procurred a win 7 business Dell OEM cd that was supposed to be for a new pc that was purchased. Instead the xp downgrade was chosen for that pc (don't ask). I decided to load the unused dell oem windows 7 disc on my gateway laptop which automatically inserts the product key on install. Originally everything passed activation and I was even able to download security essentials. A day later, when I go to properties on "my computer" it says I have 2 days left for activation as this one is not valid. My question is that, am I able to simply use the available dez loader to serve my purposes of activation? Or does that only work with the posted rtm versions to download from the sticky?

If I can use the loader, am I looking for a dell or a gateway key?

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #2 timesurfer, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    OEM discs operate off of a Bios slic 2.1 for windows 7. You might not have that. You can check with this tool. Run it as administrator. http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...olKit-x86-x64-(Includes-PKey-amp-Cert.-Backup) Make sure to not install loader when checking with slic dump tool or unistall loader if has been installed then restart. Loader should work fine for you just check to see if you have the slic 2.1.
    And then you can just adjust key and cert

Give screenshot for us in advanced view

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. osuwop

osuwop MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    Can anybody else provide insight to this screenshot? Am I right in saying my bios is not 2.1? Also, if thats the case, can I still follow the procedure in the sticky if I use that torrented disc?

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...