Dell - Phoenix/EFI Manual Mod Thread

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by ssvetec, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Kremit

Kremit MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I can confirm that the flash update (run as administrator) worked like a charm in Windows Vista x64 for my Dimension E520, and remains activated after flashing. Please be sure to turn off your bios password antivirus before attempting to run the flash. Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 kept the program from running, and my bios password kept the program from completing the flash. I hope this information helps for anyone else that had trouble flashing.

Shakey and BBSC, thank you very much for your hard work on this flash. I really appreciate your time and effort.

Kremit.

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #27 Myrrh, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. unpossible

unpossible MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey guys, I see that the M1530 has a dos and windows installer listed. Has the windows installer been tested yet? I noticed that the Dos bios.gz and the windows installer bios.gz differ in byte size.

Has someone tested and confirmed either yet?

Thanks

4. magilla

magilla MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    THANK YOU SHAKEY!!!!

I have the Dimension E520 and it flashed right away. Just run the exe and then wait about 2-3 minutes and the pc will restart. When it restarted, it showed Attempting to Flash BIOS.... then FLASH successful. I am going to try and activate my pc, and will let you guys know how it went.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mnbvccn

mnbvccn MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    shakeyplace, you are the hero.:)

Thank you very much.

6. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I highly recommend to flash in Dos. Did you try to run the winflash in compatibility mode and as admin?

7. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Successfully modded my A16 BIOS for 1525 (feel safer doing it myself, no offence! ). Thanks for the info :D Just gotta reinstall windows. Can't get damn activation status to show up anymore with mod or wow7. (stopped on wow7 first) I think i messed permissions up lol. I used ubuntu to flash though :D

8. Puhu

Puhu MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I thought so too on my 1730.

But suddenly an automatic reboot, et voila, a new bios.

9. magilla

magilla MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
  10. ssvetec

ssvetec MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    yo shakey,
    The D620 mod you did for me man...so far, flashing worked fine...albeit with 1 small exception (at this stage)...

At the DELL splash screen, the progress bar seems to take about 30 seconds to a minute to finish before Windows boot up starts.

As soon as I get around to installing Ultimate x64 - I'll let you know the activation results.

Good work bro. Getting the D610 with a SLIC 2.1 would be phenominal.

Cheers

11. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Why do people insist on downloading and running a cr**k which has a button "slic already exists in bios" - are they too lazy to use slmgr -ilc and slmgr -ipk ??? - wow.

does the cr**k provide some benefit I'm missing out on?

12. magilla

magilla MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009

actually, I already tried that method, BUT, it was before i modded the BIOS. I just took a shot and tried it with lo*der ver. 1.2 since it seems like the easiest one to use. WORKED! thats all i care about:cool: