DELL Windows 7 Reinstallation - Please Help ! :)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by whateverjp, Mar 20, 2013.

1. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    Hey Guys,

First timer on this forum and love the work you guys are doing! I just built a new desktop computer and kind of strapped for money as ima full time student lol.

Regardless, my dell laptop came with this windows 7 home premium 64BIT reinstallation DVD.

h t t p ://i46.tinypic.com/k2fx4x.jpg (remove spaces in http to view cd)

Can I use this to install windows 7 on my desktop build and then use the daz loader to make it genuine as i believe i can't re-use the DVD since it's already attached with my dell laptop. I'm new to this and I def don't wanna go out and spend the $$.

In conclusion, so install the DVD, skip the activation stage, use daz loader (from a USB thumb drive or something) and I should be good to go? Are there major differences between the genuine and daz loader way of doing it? I've tried researching but everyone saying theres no difference but the price obviously haha!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how would I go about doing this in the proper method

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Yes you should be able to use that and have it activate the installation...But you can just download Windows 7 SP1 from digital river in the forum links here and activate with the daz loader.....The Dell DVD usually has lots of junk software that it installs.

3. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    thanks for the quick reply beamslider! :)

does it? okay cool.. but there isn't many differences between the genuine and this downloadable version right?

4. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    The links in forums are downloads from Digital river and are the Microsoft DVDs unaltered....The Dell DVDs have drivers for Dell and additional software that Dell added to the install...That would be the differences...

5. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    okay.. theres so many different versions LOL.

theres:
    Windows 7 Microsoft.com Direct Links
    Windows 7 SP1 Digital River Direct Links (previous releases with SP1 included)

I just want the normal Windows 7 - Home Premium 64Bit.. which one is that?

I would also need to burn this .iso file to a dvd right and go from there?

6. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    basically do I get the 'windows 7 microsoft direct link home premium 64bit' or the windows 7 SP1 digital river home premium 64bit??

7. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    update... someone help me !

what version do I download?

do I download the latest version "windows 7 home premium 64bit "MEDIA REFRESH" ? there's a billion of links to diff versions... plz help.

8. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    thanks for the reply jay.. but that's the problem lol. I DONT KNOW what I need?

All I know is that I want a NORMAL retail WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM X64 BIT. but there's like 100 million different versions?

1 Windows 7 Microsoft.com Direct Links
    Windows 7 SP1 Digital River Direct Links (previous releases with SP1 included)
    Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh Digital River Direct Links (5/12/2011 new releases with SP1 included)
    Windows 7 Digital River Direct Links

Is the media refresh the latest one? .. I want the one that's the latest.. and best?

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Download the SP1 Media Refresh one.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #11 urie, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    Dell installation DVD only contain additional languages and Dell branding and with dell key and certificate. They do not contain additional software and if any thing like there Vista dvd the drivers come on a separate disk. Recovery disks are a different thing they install system to factory condition with all the bloatware e.c.t.

11. whateverjp

whateverjp MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    thank you all for clarifying this out for me :)... my faith in humanity still exists with you folks! haha.