Dell XP Oem

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by indyan, Nov 29, 2008.

1. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Hello,
    Is there any way to make any xp retail to xp oem?
    like in vista by adding $OEM$ folder in sources folder we can make it oem version of any brand...
    I have dell laptop and willing to make a xp oem for dell...
    please can any one tell me step by step method to make my xp OEM for dell?
    please provide me files which need to be added for making a dell oem xp.
    Thanks

PS: I have xp sp3 (Untouched) and i am willing to make it dell oem xp and also want to add sata drivers in it...

2. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  3. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    #3 indyan, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
    (OP)
    Suicide Solution,
    I am downloading the file for dell,
    Now i want to know the steps? where and how i have to add files?
    and how can i know my version of xp?
    EULAID:XPSP3_RTM_PRO_RTL_EN
    Thanks

PS: My xp is not slipstreamed for sp3.its original release from M$ with sp3.

4. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
  5. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Thanks Suicide Solution,
    for quick reply and step by step tutorial.

But Suicide Solution nlite dont have option to add sata drivers :(,i tried it but it wont detect my hard drive...DriverPacks BASE helped me in it...
    any help for adding sata drivers for hard drive so that i dont need to press f6

regards

6. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
  7. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    ok
    i downloaded it and found 12 files in it...
    do i need to add $OEM$ folder also? coz u didnt told me to for that...
    You told me to replace OEMBIOS.BI_,OEMBIOS.CA_,OEMBIOS.DA_,OEMBIOS.SI_into i386 folder
    but what about these files where i add these files? do i need to add these files also in i386 or not?

8. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    You only need to swap the OEMBIOS files on a retail disk.

WINNT.SIF can be added if you want setup to automatically enter the cd key but make sure you edit in the Pro key. WINNT.SIF can be opened with notepad for edits. The other files are not needed when converting a retail English disk.
    Yes, any subfolder that is inside the $$ just tells setup to copy what will be inside of those folders to the hard drive. For example; If you need files copied to the system32 folder during setup then add a System32 subfolder inside the $$ folder, and then just add the files you need copied over inside that system32 subfolder . Then setup will copy everything to the C:\windows\system32 folder during text mode setup.

The keys work on any service pack level as long as the disk as been converted correctly. Just make sure the keys you use are not asia keys as those require a specific PIDGEN.DLL.

9. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Sucide solution,
    as i told u that i have a retail version of xp sp2 which i made a year ago,I slipstreamed all sata drivers in xp, But i created a $OEM$ folder in it... in $OEM$ dere is $1 folder in which all sata drivers are intergrated.
    Now if i add $$ folder in $OEM$ folder so does it work?
    I mean in $OEM$ dere should be 2 folder one of $$ and another of $1...

what this below line mean? do i need to edit WINNT.SIF and SETUPP.INI (replace last 3 latters with OEM)
    $1 contain sata drivers and $$ contains oem logo...
    I need to just add $$ folder in already created $OEM$ and have to paste OEMBIOS (4) files in I386 folder... And have to edit setu

10. indyan

indyan MDL Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Thanks something but i am expecting reply from sucide solution.
    $$ folder contain logo of brand which i need.thats why i am asking can i add $$ in $OEM$ even dere is another $1 already...
    does this work... do i need to write or edit any script to add $$ in $OEM$?

11. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    Yes, add the WINNT.SIF file inside the I386 folder, then edit in the Dell Pro key.

Just so you know, the key does not have to be a Dell specific key, any OEM Pro SLP key will work, was just wanting to make sure you had a Professional SLP key inside your WINNT.SIF file because it was included in that download and may have had a Home edition key, etc.

If you dont paste over a WINNT.SIF file, Windows setup will ask for a key, but being this is for a Dell OEM machine, there is no reason to need any other key during setup. Using the SLP Dell key will automate activation.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. gtronix

gtronix MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    I dloaded DELL XP from internet but when i installed it on non-dell XP its asking for activation and give 30days trial... So can i use DELL OEM BIOS to permanently remove activation?? and after that its showed geniune on msoft site?? or can i update it?

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    If you want to use the dell cd you will need to request a bios mod.

15. gtronix

gtronix MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    Bt i think ANTI WPA can help??? i yes thn plz provide that

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Anti wpa is a last resort on forum we prefer oem SLP activation which is permanent why even download a dell oem slp cd when you don't have a dell machine. You would be better off converting dell to HP then use HP DMI tatoo cd posted in the stickies HP does not require a bios mod but because of where Dell stores its OEM strings it does. You could also use VLK and OEMBIOS changer... and add HP oembios files after you tattoo your machine if really needed and you don't want to learn then anti wpa is included in VLK and OEMBIOS changer.