Democrats vs. Republicans...lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Dec 6, 2015.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Has anyone ever listened to Mike Savage/Glenn Beck/Donald Trump/Etc...

They have radio stations that because of my living situation I am subjugated to listen to their constant ramblings on how Democrats are the devil and republicans are Angels so to angels...

It is very hard for me to listen to this constant "right side" opinions not to mention the people who live with or near me regarding their opinions of the "left" trying to program me of how Obama and Clinton are the devil re-incarnate...lol

They seem to have taken the view that republicans are free from any error's or mistakes and that the "left" have caused all of humanities problems and that Obama is the anti-christ, etc...

It is very hard for me to listen to this all day long and I fear I may go crazy :aglerks:

I personally don't have any opinions about politics but it seems the republicans have out of no where twisted/flipped everything that has happened politically onto Democrats and it seems like a blood bath and I can stand it no longer!

From listening to the "right" opinion they are claiming to be the soulful/innocent/with God party and all they have to say is like they everything they we're ever was accused of is somehow instantly and attribute or behavior of democrats

It's hard for me to describe what I'm saying so bear with my please...

But is like they are taking on the role of victim through strange logic's and acting like their intentions are holy

It feels like a lot of manipulation and I'm not very political so anyone who an voice their opinion with neutrality and without bias would be awesome

I'm just at the end of my rope and can't stand these hidden political agendas. I'm just the worst intellectual and am not gifted in these matters

Discussion points: terrorism, global warming, food stamps, free phones, free healthcare, etc...

Help :eek:

TS

:shisha:

2. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    Democrats republicans are self serving and no longer working for the people, they work for the party ! I don't believe any of them represent or care about the people in this country. there are people starving and homeless in this country yet we give billions in Foreign aid , we are reducing benefits for our elderly living on SS . and we take in illegals and feed clothe educate and give welfare to ! its nice to give another a hand up but I believe we should get our own house in order first and take care of our own !! we voted them in the problem is the only ones running now are not any better then the ones we got now :mad:

3. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I think a simple way to look at it is 'divide and conquer'. You can choose between the red team and the blue team. Its about giving you the illusion of choice. But make no mistake, there is absolutely no difference between either team. Just different agendas designed to keep everyone on the merry-go-round.

Once people have had a gut-full of the democrats, they'll band together and teach those self-serving son's of bitches a lesson and vote in the republicans. Once people have had a gut-full of the republicans, they'll band together and teach those son's of bitches a lesson and vote in the democrats - and around and around it goes ...

If one person rises to power and calls and end to the merry-go-round, well, he's obviously a dictator and BOTH the democrats and the republicans will join forces to "liberate" the people from such tyranny :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    It seems that the republicans make that dictator claim about Obama rather often, while at the same time the republican controlled congress can achieve nothing other than maintaining gridlock. Congress is what really needs to be fixed. The problem is lack of term limits plus career politicians owned by special interests, and the obvious solution is toss out the incumbents. Vote for the other guy at election time, regardless of party affiliation.

$0.02

5. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Ahhh Politics.

All you really need to know is in that solitary word, Politics.
    Let's break it down.
    Poli = Poly = Many.
    Tics = Blood sucking creatures.
    Therefore Politics = Many blood sucking creatures.

In my opinion Trump would be the best candidate because he is not a politician, he is a businessman...
    A very successful one.
    That is what this country needs right now the economy being what it is.

Let us fix ourselves first, then we can worry about everyone else.

Unfortunately should he win the election, I fear he will be assassinated by those who are really in power... Just like JFK was. :(

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    It seems all of the politicians (with the possible exception of Rand Paul and maybe Ted Cruz) are on the "big government and war" side. They call themselves "conservative" or other labels which imply they believe in smaller government but their actions speak loudly.

The Democrats on the other hand are in a competition to see who can promise the most free stuff and hope people will vote for it.

Trump is saying a lot of things which people agree with, but not mentioning that it takes a much bigger powerful government to implement his ideas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think he is the best choice too, so he can go out and start wars and run down the American economy even more!
    The man is a bloody nut job, but don't let that stop you ! The US already tried the Bush's so install another loony.
    What I would like to know is why all these US Presidential candidates are so old ? Aren't there any younger people who can run for public office so you can send all these old farts to a retirement home where the belong ?

8. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    We already have more wars than we can shake a stick at, the war on drugs, the war on homelessness, etc.. etc.

As far as Bush Jr., he had an oil company handed to him on a silver platter by "poppy" bush which he proceeded to run into the ground... This was after his coke snorting AWOL days at the air national guard.
    ( It simply amazes me that this is also the time period when the Bin Laden's first came into Bush's life. )

as far as them being old, that is actually a law. I forget the exact age requirement but I believe that it is around 35 or 40... Of course there is also a law stating that the president must also have been born in the US or a territory of the US, but look what good that did in Obama's case. :dunno:

From https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Trump is part of the Oligarch that is taking (taken) over this country. He's one of the richest sob's on this planet by taking advantage of people, he'll say or do anything to convince you to vote for him, whether it true or not! If he gets into office, he'll run the govt like a business and we will be paying for this business dearly out of our own pockets because business makes money and does not care about people

10. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Yet it's the people that have to elect the president so the power is with them. If they choose to get screwed over then good luck to them. Majority rules and if the majority are idiots then I'm very sorry for the rest.

11. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    the real shame is its the people with the money that put people on the ballot that they can control , an individual cant afford to get in a position to be voted on ! the people up for election have millions or are backed by people with millions :(
    every body in congress should be evicted and replaced because they no longer represent the people they represent the party !:mad:

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The money issue as shown here is in my opinion the overwhelming effect of mass media and a very gullible electorate.

13. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Wow... just wow.

I suggest you research this :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)

14. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Trump is a billionaire who financed his run for President using his own funds.

I agree with your second sentence.

15. coolstar

coolstar MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2010
    smells same sounds different:D

16. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Both the Democratic and Republican parties are nothing more than a front for the real power in this country: Wall Street and the Bankers.
    And it has been this way for a long, long time.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service as a member of our country’s most agile military force – the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent more of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was a part of the racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups.

This is typical with everyone in the military service. Thus I helped to make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street.

The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-12. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. I was rewarded with honors, medals, and promotion. Looking back on it, I feel I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three city districts. I operated on three continents.”

- General Smedley Butler, former US Marine Corps Commandant, 1935

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

recall Marine Major General Smedley Butler. In 1933, Wall Street bankers and financiers had bankrolled the successful coups by both Hitler and Mussolini. Brown Brothers Harriman in New York was financing Hitler right up to the day was declared on Germany. And they decided that a fascist dictatorship in the United States based on the one on Italy would be far better for their business interests than Roosevelt’s “New Deal” which threatened massive wealth re-distribution to recapitalize the working and middle class of America.

So the Wall Street tycoons recruited General Butler to lead the overthrow of the U.S. government and install a “Secretary of General Affairs” who would be answerable to Wall Street and not the people, would crush social unrest and shut down all labor unions. General Butler pretended to go along with the scheme but then exposed the plot to Congress. Congress, then as now in the pocket of the Wall Street bankers, refused to act.

The Business Plot was an alleged political conspiracy in the United States. Retired Marine Corps General Smedley Butler claimed that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans’ organization and use it in a coup d’etat to overthrow the President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt…No one was prosecuted.

At the time of the incidents, news media dismissed the plot, with a New York Times editorial characterizing it as a “gigantic hoax”.

Anyone who has the time should read the rest of the article here:
    http://www.bullionbullscanada.com/i...edley-butler-forgotten-hero-forgotten-warning

17. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #17 MysTikAL3, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    I have a novel idea...
    Forget about the 'labels' democrat vs republican...
    How about American's actually focus on lies, corruption, waste and greed vs honesty, integrity, and accountability

Ah, but that would require American's to get involved, get their lazy asses off the couch, get their heads out of their 'smartphones' and their social media obsession, and WAKE Up...:eek:

The sheer level of outright lies, scandals, corruption, and government waste American's tolerate, repeatedly, would be laughable, if it weren't so grievous and destructive.
    :rolleyes:

18. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Reuters: "Four major banks pleaded guilty on Wednesday [20th May 2015] trying to manipulate foreign exchange rates and, with two others, were fined nearly $6 billion in another settlement in a global probe into the $5 trillion-a-day market."

(Incidentally no-one went to prison.)

I see corruption (Crime) on three levels throughout society. On the ground level you have the typical criminal. Drugs, murder, rape, robbery, theft, burglary and so on. On level two you have organized crime. The drug manufacturers, prostitution, gambling, loansharking and so on. On the top level, level three you have the greatest criminal minds of all. Bankers, Politicians, Corporations and so on.

Level one go straight to prison. Level two sometimes go to prison and level three never go to prison ...

19. joeyjoey

joeyjoey MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2016
    two things to never talk about: religion and politics. never ends well

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #20 R29k, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017