Desperately trying to install Windows Mail please help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vwgolfman, Sep 30, 2009.

1. nukkelhet

nukkelhet MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    #21 nukkelhet, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    windows live mail uses synchronise , which is sending and receiving at the same moment.
    Windows mail offers the possibility to send and receive mail independently from each other, which I find a great advantage.
    Why use something only because it's newer and not proven better.

Integrating windows mail into seven is no big deal and is described more than once,it works flawlessly.
    When finally the file ''WindowsMailRegisty.reg'' (google it) is executed windows mail can be chosen as default emailclient in standard programs.
    Also after this a rightmouse click on a file and ''sendto'' gives you the possibility to send the file to an emailadressee .

2. ketamine

ketamine MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    is it obsolete because MS tells you to use their web based client? oh plz, don't be THAT short sighted!!! besides, OP needs help that is not some smart ass advise about other clients

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I don't think anyone is trying to give smart ass advice. A lot of us are just saying there are other options out there if you have the urge to explore those options.

And yes some of those "other" options are better. It's short sighted when you are tunnel blind to using one option when there are others that do the exact same thing but better.

4. marsovac

marsovac MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
  5. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    to marsovac could you have a rapidshare account or filefactory or anything eles for the download, it doesnt work for me

thks

6. marsovac

marsovac MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    You're bit late my friend.
    Unfortunately all of the links posted on MDL for downloading Vista Mail "have been removed for infringement of copyrights"...
    :(

The best way would be to copy the whole folder from some Vista machine
    (C:\Program Files\Windows Mail)

7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Because a lot of people tend to stick with what they know and what they're used to.

When something doesn't feel familiar or is different in it's usage, they will be reluctant to make the switch.

8. NoGoodNick

NoGoodNick MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    The "Problems" with Live Mail, which, BTW, MS introduced because of a European lawsuit, NOT because it's a "Better" option, is that it stores ALL its info on the damn internet. Study after study shows this "Cloud computing" option is faulty in that ALL the internet options (Live, gMail, etc.) are all subject to breakins, security concerns, etc.!

Yes, thunderbird IS a very nice application, but it's very unfriendly in terms of accepting UnInstalled mail applications accounts and/or mail messages! Like Live Mail, there is NO way to import old mail other than opening each one individually and clicking "Move to..." to save them. Not a very viable option when a LOT of ppl install Windows 7 as a fresh install.

9. vwgolfman

vwgolfman MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2007
    #30 vwgolfman, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    (OP)
    If I use Windows Live Mail to handle my (incoming) emails via a POP3 server (and untick the box to 'leave copies on the server') can I be sure that the email is stored nowhere else other than on my machine (apart from any server backups)?

Also what about Windows Live Mail contacts?
    Are these email addresses stored anywhere else other than on my machine?

Thank you for any replies

10. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Windows Live Mail is good, but the best option is Outlook 2010 Beta. It's a wonderful program.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    In this case they all should stay with XP & maybe 98

Sadly you are correct!

sebus

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    100% correct, or use GroupWise 8.xx (beats s**t out of Outlook anytime)

sebus

13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I'm just dying for that TB update. It's taking way to long. That's why I'm using a few other accounts too, on gmail and live, to create some diversity :p
    I'm getting pretty sick of the old TB, no matter how good.