DFI lanparty & munged Vista 64 ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by megalomando, Jul 27, 2007.

1. megalomando

megalomando MDL Junior Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Greetings,

I'm trying out a vista which has information already entered in the registry saying it's from a particular company. There's no SLIC in my bios as I put this together myself. Motherboard DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-Dr using an Opteron at 2.7Ghz watercooled.

The info in the registry which was there upon installation says in part:

DELL - 42302e31
    )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
    oC(Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
    oJ(N4D623-2)

I located these bin files for my board:
    DFI_Lanparty_nF4_0329_ACER_LENOVO
    DFI_Lanparty_nF4_0406_ASUS
    DFI_Lanparty_nF4_702-3_ASUS

Seeing as the Vista installation is referring to Dell, before I try flashing one of these, I have four questions (I probably should have more)

First; Is there a bin to flash for my motherboard that is made for Dell? I've searched around but no cigar.

Second; If one of the above is all that is available, How might I find out which of these should I use?

Third; Should I use binflash to flash the bios with this file or is there something better?

Fourth: Do I need to remove data from the registry before activating? If so, is there a tutorial telling me where to go and do I do this before flashing the bios.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I just installed Vista a few days ago and am in the steep part of the learning curve. It seems like I may need to undo some changes as this Vista 64 version apparently had been modified along the way. I just am not sure how to proceed at this point.

Thanks for your time,

MM