Did M$ give up on piracy?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jul 27, 2015.

1. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    the store is not new was there in windows 8 * windows 8.1
    the only ones who think store is new is the ones the didn't upgrade from windows Xp & vista & windows 7
    If you didn't upgrade from any of the above this is the first time you`ve seen store in your OS
    But was there In Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 as the store was used to upgrade some Windows 8 users to Windows 8.1

2. tarihci

tarihci MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    I am stressed that they will come up with KMS7 and wreck my machine, but heck I can still go back to Win7 anyway.

3. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    windows update is not properly disable well... they can screw you anytime... such as wga nagging you like last time on winxp.. :biggrin:

4. gyrfalcon

gyrfalcon MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2009
    Microsoft is going the route of SAAS (Software as a Service) with Windows. If you don't subscribe your OS is essentially dead. That's why they're pushing everyone to 10 where they'll have rolling forced updates. Eventually they'll say you have to pay so much per month or something for your OS and updates, etc.

Go to Linux as fast as you can.

5. dmex

dmex MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Nope.

pcworld.com/article/2926086/future-windows-10-upgrades-wont-come-with-sneaky-charges-microsoft-clarifies.html

6. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    I think you can pretty much count on Server 2016 implementing KMS v7 when it's finally done.
    ...Otherwise we'd all be switching to avoid the privacy invading. ;)

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    new KMS protocol is overdue :p

8. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    M$ is just pushing Windows 10 to every user in order to dominate the Computer OS Market and create hard time for competitors. Once they are in dominating position with maximum market share and addicted users they will come with new updates to fix all loopholes in KMS.

But M$ should also remember - "Where there is a WILL there is a WAY." -> New HACKS will also sprout. ;)

9. makin.ditch

makin.ditch MDL Member

Feb 23, 2014
    #50 makin.ditch, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    I believe Microsoft is looking at the billions Apple and Android are making off their store, 8 was a flop, not enough developers either. What better way to get back in the game than promote how many hundreds of millions potential customers you could have if you were to develop Windows software, and bonus.. It's compatible with the phone OS, where they were almost dead. Sure they may only make a few billion this year, but the future potential with over a billion Windows Store customers? If this were to go as planned, or should I say hoped. I could triple their Windows phone sales, or more. Entrench them as the top OS where they were faltering. And potential huge future revenue from the store, at very little cost. Just look how Android won their market share and became a top OS. They gave it away for free. People easily hacked the marketplace at first... Everyone went to Android and now it's a multi billion dollar business.
    First
    Become the top player in the marketplace, show your a growing business, not a dying business. Show your in it to stay.
    Second
    Now that everybody is running your software you have an opportunity to make back your investment with royalties from the ongoing sales.

Hacking publicity is bad. It makes software and game developers very nervous. It's better to keep it on the low. Those are the ones that are going to be making you money. Once they are back growing and firmly on top then they will likely focus more on securing their business, ie. Hackers.

10. vn_mnm

vn_mnm MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2015
    There will not be a community edition of Windows 10 I'm afraid, but there exists a trademark called 'Windows 365' :g:

11. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    There will NEVER be a community edition of Windows 10.:p

12. Uky

Uky MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Ray Noorda, former CEO of Novell (Remember Netware?) once said that:
    "We know that people are using illegal copies of our software, and we do not like that.
    But if they are going to use illegal software, we prefer that they use ours"

Given that M$ enabled the upgrade to W10 "free of charge" for the home users
    Regardless of how they obtained and installed the previous version
    of Windows, I beleive that M$ may be of a similar opinion.

13. Mac-on-PC

Mac-on-PC MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2011
    If Microsoft closes the windows piracy they will achieve only one thing. Millions of Windows users switching to Linux.

That they do not want. It's that simple.

14. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    A week after a new protection there is a new crack!

THAT'S the real reason!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...