difference between retail and OEM windows7 iso images

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pamadhilwankalan, Nov 24, 2013.

1. pamadhilwankalan

pamadhilwankalan MDL Junior Member

Nov 16, 2013
    is there any difference between the two i.e. iso image of windows7 retail and iso image of windows7 OEM. if i install w7 from retail iso image then can i register windows 7 with OEM SLP key with the help of windows loader 2.2.1??? how to remove retail key and install oem key with windows loader. or i have to get OEM version of iso image??

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    There isn't (officially) a OEM ISO image. You would be getting one that a consumer created. Also, there is no real difference other then drivers and programs the OEM installs for your computer.

You could activate Windows 7 with OEM serial as long as you also had the OEM certificate and the correct SLIC tables in the bios (or properly simulated.) Windows loader will allow for you to activate OEM. Shouldn't have to remove the retail key manually but if you want to you can run "SLMGR.VBS /UPK" and "SLMGR.VBS /CPKY" as admin in the command prompt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    Windows 7 Starter - OEM
    Windows 7 Home Basic x86 - Retail
    Windows 7 Home Basic x64 - OEM
    Windows 7 Home Premium - Retail
    Windows 7 Professional - Retail
    Windows 7 Professional VL - Volume
    Windows 7 Enterprise - Volume
    Windows 7 Ultimate - Retail

4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Are you trying to confuse people?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007