DigitalRiverContent Vista ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DasFox, Feb 23, 2010.

1. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Install.wim contains all the editions. The exe contains all other files but *.wim's..
    And it could be higly compressed.

2. dannymur

dannymur MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2011
    Hello there.

This is my first post here, so please forgive any unintended rule transgression, etc.

I actually came accross this thread by way of a Google search for "Vista ISO", so you can probably tell there is trouble!!!

Just a small explanation.....I was asked by a relative to have a look at his Dell inspiron 1525 Laptop, which was bought about 3 years ago, and has not been upgraded or anything, still has original Vista Home Premium, no SP's etc.

As you can tell, I was asked coz the laptop had basically churned to a standstill almost, so I got to work checking for virus's, malware, Harddrive for errors, etc.

All checked out OK, and I made sure I had virus checking etc, up-to-date, used MalwareBytes, and the Laptop basically is now running reasonable, without crashes, and quite quickly.

But, as you may guess, when I turned on Windows Update, all was OK until SP 1 would not install, repeatedly and stubbornly.

So, as MS are still supporting WU problems with Vista, I got in touch. They got back with several solutions, like SFC, Microsoft Fix It Utility, uninstalling AV prog, downloading stand-alone SP1 install, running System Update Readiness Tool, sent MS the CheckSUR.log, etc, etc.

There were errors found:

MS support then suggested an In-Place Upgrade of Vista, which I believe is a repair re-install of the current OS.

This has to be done with the original Vista Installation Disk, which has been lost, as this is a pretty old laptop, but it is a genuine installation, and there is a COA sticker on the base, with the Product Key.

The MS guy is being helpful, and is trying to get a me a fresh Vista Installation disk, with SP2, etc, for a fresh install on the laptop.

But, and I now get to the nub of the reason for my reason for this post......at last.

I have downloaded the files linked from Jan Krohn's site, the install.wim, boot.wim, and X13-49116.exe...

My, probably stupid, question is, what do I do with these files to create a Vista Installation Disk?

Would this work to do the In-Place Upgrade/Repair suggested by MS?

Do I use them to create an ISO image, is there a setup.exe.

Are there any integrity/hash checks available for the files?

The downloaded size of the files I got was:

install.wim...................2,105,708KB
    boot.wim.......................130,010KB
    X13-49116.exe.................57,528KB

Sorry for the long post, but it would be of great benefit to me, to get this machine back to my relative, if the Vista Installation could be produced, without having to wait for MS decision re sending out a new Disk.

3. 2percent

2percent MDL Member

Sep 17, 2010
    You can find all you need to know by using the search box at the top right side of the page. Search for "How to make a bootable Windows Vista ISO DVD" the first result will help.
    The files you have will make a SP0 image. If you want a SP2 image, look in the Vista sticky or search for "Windows Vista SP2 Retail & VL mirror link!!!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JanKrohn

JanKrohn MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Well, I got some feedback concerning the *.wim files. They're neither independent of service pack level nor of language. They're all SP1 en-us. However, it's possible to set up an English system with a German or French setup routine. :confused:

The /msshus/ in the download path seems to stand for Microsoft-something-USA, which is also part of the URLs od the USA Digital River shop. Other country branches have /msshfr/, /msshtw/, /msshde/ etc. But changing this bit of the download URL doesn't give the respective *.wim files, just loads of 404s... So this means: English Vista only!

Jan

5. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
  6. jcgo16

jcgo16 MDL Junior Member

Sep 16, 2010
    btw sorry for replying an old thread

btw how can i insert that in a disk? and make it iso?

7. JanKrohn

Apr 28, 2011
    Have you tried following the instructions to use WAIK? If so, in which step are you getting stuck?

8. jcgo16

jcgo16 MDL Junior Member

Sep 16, 2010
    i need just to download an iso version not exe, how can i install it into other device?

9. JanKrohn

Apr 28, 2011
    #32 JanKrohn, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. jcgo16

jcgo16 MDL Junior Member

Sep 16, 2010
    #35 jcgo16, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
    thanks for the help guys, i love you all <3

any sp2 integrated?

13. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    #36 erpsterm35, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    no JanKrohn, you're wrong. Vista did not reach its end of life. according to that Microsoft support page, Windows Vista simply entered the Extended support phase in early April 2012. only mainstream support for Vista ended at that time. only when Vista goes past its extended support phase (which will happen in early April 2017), that's when Vista will officially go EOL.

not from digital river, jcgo16. only integrated vista sp2 downloads I see are from MSDN/Technet.

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Please check the date of the last post before replying, you may be surprised. :D

Note there were, for a short time span, plans from MS to retire every Vista edition except Business and Enterprise. If they hadn't changed their mind then non-business Vista editions would be dead as a doornail right now.

15. Ultraform

Ultraform MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2013
    EFA11
    I want one or two of them :O.
    How/where can you share it ? :(