Disable auto app download in windows 10 AU

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dranzer006, Aug 15, 2016.

1. dranzer006

dranzer006 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    Hello,

Recently i did a clean install of Windows 10 AU ver. 1607.

I read a couple of guides to disable telemetry and disable auto download for apps ( candy crush,netflix,msn weather )
    Since i got a limited connection i can't waste my data pack on these stuff ( i don't care if they want to spy or view my files, its all about bandwidth)

So i been through guides for disabling windows spotlight/app store or some registry hacks, i also removed Onedrive and must have wasted more than 3 hours finding different ways to block windows from downloading apps. i don't want to use the host file to block Microsoft IPs as it would blocks windows from updating. so far i have failed and would like to know if there is anyway to truly block windows from accessing internet without my permission.

Thanks.

2. kronflux

kronflux MDL Member

May 11, 2011
    Can you please provide details on what you've tried, specifically registry entries you've modified, as well as group policies.
    Allows those who have any suggestions to know what not to suggest, if you've already tried.

Side-note, have you thought of setting up a data limit/metered connection?
    I don't actually know whether it affects app data use, but in a perfect world if microsoft did it the way it should be done, it would prevent this.

3. dranzer006

dranzer006 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    #4 dranzer006, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    (OP)
    1: Tired using app locker to Spotlight
    2: To Disable Cloud Content from regedit and in group policy editor as well
    3: Removing apps using power shell ( i have successfully removed store app and other apps like 3d builder,etc)
    4: Deleting WindowsApps folders located in program files

However after uninstalling from tile menu its gone for now, but when i created 2nd user account it all came back, NOT the preloaded (store,skype,3dbuilder) but ones like candy crush,netflix,twitter.

PS: there is "Optional Features" in menu that keeps on trying to install language packs and a package called 'Neutral Retail demo content' any idea on what is this ?