Disable/Remove Telemetry and Tracking Service

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by abbodi1406, Feb 10, 2016.

1. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    #281 haz367, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    For anyone interested, not my work obviously....Just read up on the full thread and noticed about the cmd screen not showing on boot...same on my end. Tested diff ways in the task scheduler but it refuse to show on boot? So, for people that like to see the cmd on (each) boot >>

I create a GPO rule
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run
    It removes the task and ad the batch to C:\Windows\WuESU\scripts
    Same file ofcourse :)

put folder on c:\
    run [run]w10block_202005.cmd

Code:
    @echo off

schtasks /Delete /F /TN "BlockW10"
    powershell write-host -fore Magenta MS WIndows 7 -- Add W10-block script to the User Logon --===GPO--===

powershell write-host -fore Green Credits to --====abbodi1406 - MDL--====

mkdir C:\Windows\WuESU\scripts
    xcopy C:\w10block\W10-Block.cmd C:\Windows\WuESU\scripts /r /y
    regedit /s C:\w10block\w10block.reg

TIMEOUT /T 5

Attached Files:

2. tro511

tro511 MDL Member

Dec 9, 2019
    #282 tro511, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    If I am using the Suppressor (on Win7 before applying any updates), does it matter if I use the 'Security-only' packages or not?

Also: Would this impact applying ESUs in any way?

3. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    You mean "DeTelemetry Package"?
    it's not related to ESU or Bypass Suppressor

it simply kill (deactivate) telemetry components the same way Microsoft killed GWX with KB3184143, or Windows Journal with KB3161102

4. tro511

tro511 MDL Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Yeah (I think), the download is called Telemetry_Suppressor, or am I getting the wrong file?

5. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Yes, the zip file name is a little confusing
    the cab file and package name is what matter

6. Kyle Edwards

Kyle Edwards MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2020
    This is needed on LTSC versions too ?

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    LTSB/LTSC Telemetry is the same as the one in SAC Enterprise versions.

8. Bersekz

Bersekz MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2016
    Does Windows LTSC version need the scheduled task as well or there is no risk of future updates reverting settings?

9. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    This is only intended for Windows 7 and 8.1

10. Bersekz

Bersekz MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2016
    So you can't do anything for Windows 10?

11. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    This is more for Windows 10 >>

After running Windows 10 2004 true Optimize-Offline, This removes atleast the following >>

Code:
    Disabling Cortana and Search Bar Web Connectivity.
    Disabling System Telemetry, Logging, Data Collecting and Advertisements.
    Disabling Windows Tracking.
    Disabling System Location Sensors.
    Disabling the Password Reveal Button.
    Disabling Cross-Device Sharing and Shared Experiences.
    Disabling WiFi Sense.
    Disabling Microsoft Toast and Lockscreen Notifications.
    Disabling Connected Drive Autoplay and Autorun.
    Disabling Automatic Download File Blocking.
    Disabling the Modern UI Swap File.
    Disabling Reserved Storage.
    Disabling the Automatic Clean-up of Downloads by Storage Sense.
    Disabling the First Log-on Animation.
    Disabling the Windows Start-up Sound.
    Disabling the Get More out of Windows Start-up Notification.
    Enabling the Search Icon on Taskbar.
    Enabling the Driver Letter before Drive Name.
    Optimizing Taskbar Icons and Transparency.
    Enabling File Explorer Launch to This PC.
    Disabling Wallpaper .JPEG Quality Reduction.
    Disabling the Sign-in Screen Acrylic Blur.
    Disabling the Trailing Text for Shortcuts.
    Enabling Command Prompt on the Win+X Quick Link Menu.
    Disabling Microsoft Edge Desktop Shortcut Creation and Pre-Launching.
    Disabling Pinned Windows Store, Windows Mail and People Icons.
    Reducing Start Menu Delay.
    Enabling TaskBar Icon Combining with Small Icons.
    Disabling the Open File Prompt.
    Enabling the Classic Personalization Panel.
    Enabling This PC Desktop Icon.
    Removing Edit with Paint 3D and 3D Print from the Context Menu.
    Restoring Windows Photo Viewer.
    Removing User Folders from Explorer.
    Increasing the Icon Cache Size.
    Disabling the Sticky Keys Prompt.
    Disabling Enhanced Pointer Precision.
    Removing Give Access To, Share and Cast To Device from the Context Menu.
    Removing Restore Previous Versions from the Context Menu.
    Adding Reboot to Recovery to This PC.
    Enabling Long File Paths.
    Enabling Strong Cryptography for .NET Applications.
    Installed it (Windows 10 2004) and updated it. (Personally nothing more removed -- Telemetry wise)

Then run the following script:

Code:
    @echo off

powershell write-host -fore DarkCyan Criple Telemetry -- CompatTelRunner -- Logon script

powershell write-host -fore Magenta Run atleast after a Patch Tuesday -- Windows 10 Updates

REM Delete this CompatTelRunner.exe pest by force.  Its been blocked by firewall rules, had its tasks disabled and it will also re-attempt
    REM to turn back itself back on, so remove the file, tasks and registry entries as well.  
    REM SFC will replace this file from winSXS folder so be careful.
    REM You will have to remove this pesky file every CU/OS Upgrade, or SFC /SCANNOW operation as it will always return

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Compatability Telemetry Runner" action="block" dir="in" interface="any" program="%SystemDrive%\windows\system32\CompatTelRunner.exe" Description="DisAllow CompatTelRunner to connect in from the Internet." enable=yes
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Compatability Telemetry Runner" action="block" dir="out" interface="any" program="%SystemDrive%\windows\system32\CompatTelRunner.exe" Description="DisAllow CompatTelRunner to connect out to the Internet." enable=yes

IF EXIST "%WinDir%\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" (
    schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy"
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy" /Disable
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "ProgramDataUpdater" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "ProgramDataUpdater" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "StartupAppTask" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "StartupAppTask" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "AITAgent" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AITAgent"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "AITAgent" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AITAgent" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "Consolidator" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Consolidator"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "Consolidator" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Consolidator" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "KernelCEIPTask" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\KernelCEIPTask"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "KernelCEIPTask" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\KernelCEIPTask" /Disable

SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "UsbCEIP" && schtasks /END /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\UsbCEIP"
    SCHTASKS /query | findstr /B /I "UsbCEIP" && SCHTASKS /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\UsbCEIP" /Disable

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /f
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v "HaveUploadedForTarget" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\AIT" /v "AITEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\ClientTelemetry" /f
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\ClientTelemetry" /v "DontRetryOnError" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\ClientTelemetry" /v "IsCensusDisabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\ClientTelemetry" /v "TaskEnableRun" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

for %%i in (InstallInfoCheck,ARPInfoCheck,MediaInfoCheck,FileInfoCheck) do reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Tracing" /v "%%i" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags" /v "UpgradeEligible" /f
     reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\TelemetryController" /f

schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\SetupSQMTask"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\TelTask"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater"
     schtasks /Change /DISABLE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\SetupSQMTask"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\TelTask"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent"
     schtasks /Delete /F /TN "Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor"
     reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\CompatTelRunner.exe" /v "Debugger" /t REG_SZ /d "%SystemRoot%\system32\systray.exe" /f
    )

IF EXIST "%WinDir%\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" (
       takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" /a
       icacls "%WinDir%\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" /grant:r *S-1-5-32-544:F /c
       taskkill /im CompatTelRunner.exe /f
       timeout /t 1 >nul
       del "%WinDir%\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" /f /q
    )

pause

As u can see, not all but most of it is disabled/removed >>

Code:
    Criple Telemetry CompatTelRunner -- Logon script

Run atleast after a Patch Tuesday - CU updates

Ok.

Ok.

SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy" has been terminated successfully.
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy" have been changed.
    Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser        12/07/2020 04:27:01    Ready
    Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataColl N/A                    Ready
    Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver N/A                    Disabled
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" has been terminated successfully.
    Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser        12/07/2020 04:39:54    Ready
    Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataColl N/A                    Ready
    Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver N/A                    Disabled
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" have been changed.
    ProgramDataUpdater                       N/A                    Ready
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" has been terminated successfully.
    ProgramDataUpdater                       N/A                    Ready
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" have been changed.
    StartupAppTask                           N/A                    Ready
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask" has been terminated successfully.
    StartupAppTask                           N/A                    Ready
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask" have been changed.
    Consolidator                             11/07/2020 06:00:00    Ready
    ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Consolidator                             11/07/2020 06:00:00    Ready
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Consolidator" does not exist in the system.
    UsbCeip                                  N/A                    Ready
    UsbCeip                                  N/A                    Ready
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\UsbCEIP" does not exist in the system.
    The operation completed successfully.
    ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\SetupSQMTask" does not exist in the system.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM" does not exist in the system.
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" have been changed.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask" does not exist in the system.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\TelTask" does not exist in the system.
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip" have been changed.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent" does not exist in the system.
    INFO: Scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" has already been disabled.
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" have been changed.
    INFO: Scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" has already been disabled.
    SUCCESS: The parameters of scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" have been changed.
    ERROR: The specified task name "Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor" does not exist in the system.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" was successfully deleted.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask" was successfully deleted.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip" was successfully deleted.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" was successfully deleted.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" was successfully deleted.
    SUCCESS: The scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent" was successfully deleted.

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe" now owned by the administrators group.
    processed file: C:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe
    Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
    ERROR: The process "CompatTelRunner.exe" not found.
    Press any key to continue . . .

I just picked some out for Windows 10 only! If it's fully complete, not sure, many debloat etc scripts :p

Coming from this script btw >>

Code:
    :: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    :: :: 'WinTel.cmd' -> 'Windows 10' > 'Windows 8.x' > 'Windows 7' > 'Windows Vista' | Oct  2019 ::
    :: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Credits to MRP
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/

12. Prodif

Prodif MDL Junior Member

Apr 5, 2017
    haz367
    What a secret parametr "%%i" ? )
    (reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Tracing" /v "%%i" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f)

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    %i is a variable, the batch script will replace it with the variable value at runtime. And, inside a batch script, you need to write %%i as it would otherwise not be processed as variable.

14. 2mg

2mg MDL Novice

May 10, 2014
  15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. 2mg

2mg MDL Novice

May 10, 2014
    Sorry, I saw people still posting there, and moderator edited OP in 2017, so I was unsure. So, definitely use this one?

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yep, this one is the most accurate and @abbodi1406 is around to support it, when needed.

18. Mazufa

Mazufa MDL Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    How do I turn this off? I accidentally installed this W10 on my computer due to confusion because I know a little poor English and misunderstood.

19. ranamaj

ranamaj MDL Junior Member

May 27, 2015
    Dear All - What are the latest methods to disable Telemetry and other tracking services in Windows os 7.8.1 and 10? Thanks in advance.

20. Logon

Logon MDL Junior Member

May 31, 2008
    #300 Logon, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021