[DISCUSSION] CCleaner

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Tito, Mar 26, 2013.

1. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Hey Thomas, all I was trying to say was that if you're using the 64 bit version of Ccleaner, you have nothing to worry about. That's it. I wasn't trying to support Piriform's actions one way or the other. Personally, I could care less because I don't use Ccleaner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I was running the 64bit version of the infected version, but checked for infected reg keys and scanned with a couple different scanners and nothing found, so yea definitely only a problem if you ran the 32bit exe

3. daz2712

daz2712 MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009

What happened with PIA VPN?
    Not seen this.

4. prashantsays

prashantsays MDL Member

Jun 13, 2016
    we are the product the moment we plug in that ethernet cable, all we can do is minimise the spying.

5. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    What! It is the version I'm using.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    When in doubt, Format C:\ Uninstalling the program may remove the infected program, but who knows what little gems could be hidden on your system?! I also am amazed at Avast's claim that upgrading the infected program will resolve the issue. Seriously?! I think if you are wise, you will already have backups of all your important stuff and will not hesitate at formatting and starting fresh.

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    PIA behaves like it was sold to new owner end of May, then no support for weeks,
    Main point was AND IS that the connection no longer is shown correctly. F.E right now the icon in the tray tells you Hong Kong, as intended, but whatever you use to check your location tells you, you are connected tó USA (which seems to be the servers of choice, no matter what you try, most of the time its US, quite often Russia)
    When I complained, (in June) that this change is nothing that user paid for, as a VPN needs to be used to change location, I was told that a VPN is not there for that purpose, only for security. When I insisted that after years of using PIA I know this is utter BS, I got banned from their forum and the treddit forum.
    There are many others with the same experiences. Having just paid for another year, I asked for my money back, I got insulted in an e-mail....

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Iran, Algeria...North Korea, whatever... they are all the same no matter who's name is on it.There are plenty of rouge nations that could be capable

10. jerzy601

jerzy601 MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2017
    For me it is not a problem for this program because I have not used this program for some time, it is such a program on the market a lot and can always replace CCleanera with another program.
    Lastly, ccleaner is no wonder that it can not be replaced.

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    If there is such a lot of programs on the market that do the same, I am sure you can recommend me one that does the same as ccleaner, like letting me select and saving a list of the cookies I want to keep, and to delete all the rest?

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    WinPatrol isn't really known as a clean up type of software but it does give you an option to select cookies to keep in a white list before you zap them

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thanks, I will check that out.
    I now only use ccelaner for the cookies, and Glary Utilities (DIsk CLeaner) for cleaning the browser. I was surprised how good that one works!

Anyone heard any bad news about that Glary cleaner?

14. jerzy601

jerzy601 MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2017
    Programs to clean your computer from temporary files is a lot.
    - Wise Disck Cleaner
    -Glary Disck Cleaner
    -Kerish Doctor- very good use it myself and many others you just have to look for.

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  16. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
  17. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015