[DISCUSSION] Cent Browser

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by spinalGR, Nov 9, 2022.

1. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    #1 spinalGR, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    There is no way that it can be considered normal to promote a product with such an old and, as of today, such an insecure source code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #3 Mr.X, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    Yes it is very very normal @kaljukass . It's normal to be ignorant in many ways on this Digital Universe.
    Do you understand your replies most of the time are extremely sarcastic and humiliating?

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Look, friend. I really don't understand how it can be a sarcastic or insulting if/when sombody suggests not to use old software, in which many security holes have been found and which have been patched many times.
    I say again that using any outdated software is not recommended because it can be very dangerous from a security point of view.
    If it offends you, use as much as you want - it's not an obligation, just a warning.
    In my opinion, it is offensive when someone here even suggests to go ass or calls someone a fool and much worse. And there are quite a lot of them here, whose only activity is to criticize someone personally, while no one on this forum has any knowledge about anyone personally. Here, everyone is 100% anonymous, i.e. no one even knows someone's name, how old someone is, what someone does or has done, what education someone has, etc., but at the same time they know that they are stupid and much more.
    So, I don't understand how warning about outdated software is malicious and how it's sarcastic, when this software has been repeatedly hacked since the release of the said version, precisely in terms of security.
    And here I remind you that you can always use the ignore list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    You @kaljukass "There is no way that it can be considered normal to promote a product with such an old and, as of today, such an insecure source code." > sarcastic/humiliating cause you are implying that a non-knowledgeable person is abnormal or subnormal.

Instead you could have wrote:
    "I think that's an unsecure piece of software because bla bla bla..."

I want you to understand, it's the way and manners you reply to others not the content itself. Perhaps your assessment or critic about a software is right.

I do criticize and insult others when they deserve it. For being assholes and such.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #6 kaljukass, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2023
    If someone does not know the meaning of some words and thinks that the source code of some software is someone personally, then look, not even a psychic can guess which words someone knows the meaning of and which words he does not know. In this case, not a single word is related to any person, the reference is to really outdated software, and every software is written using some code or programming language.
    And to clarify, a new version of, for example, a web browser comes mainly because there is a security risk somewhere, i.e. the initial codon is poorly written or protected, and as a result, for example, someone's bank account may be emptied. And look, it's probably not very good.
    Therefore, outdated software should not be recommended and promoted, especially when it is known that this old thing is really very dangerous in every way.
    This is not the only old thing that is not recommended. There are a lot of them and more are added every day.
    However, people should know what they are risking, and certainly such things should not be recommended for use or advertised anywhere.
    But now I'll stop answering you, because you can't help someone if they don't want it themselves, and besides, it's not related to this topic in any way and should be posted somewhere else.
    This is not the place for that. I hope this is more understandable than the word "Source Code".

So, have a good evening, Sir. (For clarification - I'm from Europe and it is evening here now).
    I'm sorry, if it offends You, that I thought that way and expressed it that way.

7. imprisoned310

imprisoned310 MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2022
    ignore that tard. net security is a boogey man. I wont use your web browser now, but i jsut want to say that your website looks good and is fast. thats it, good luck