[DISCUSSION] Comparing Windows Paint 3D Preview To Classic Paint

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Hadron-Curious, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    The features in the new Windows 3D Paint application are by all means very encouraging and the application itself is very resourceful. There is no much pressure placed on my system memory and CPU as would have expected of any other 3D application out there. Most tools I have come across, downloaded and installed to get my hands on designing objects in 3D used huge part of my system resources. My system is an averagely configured laptop to minimum taste, meaning it is not the powerful class of computer systems. Each use of those applications, although are third-party software, make the fans whiz loud at every selection of 3D tool. The system often hanged or lagged intermittently. I haven't experienced any of those in 3D Paint Preview.

When comparing it to Windows classic Paint, the application we all come to love and familiar with, it is right to say it has been a very useful tools for most people who use Windows operating system default applications for designing. As time goes by things change and that is when the new and glittery 3D Paint Preview becomes very well refreshing to work with. With more added features it is beginning to make old Paint looks outdated and replaced with something better. These are features are the flexible touch capability, stylus compactible, it brings perspective to object while designing in the environment, one can import and export 3D files, the possibility of saving your project within the application and retrieve it whenever you want, it has good community base, these are among many things that distinguish it from the classic Paint that is going through possible retiring phase.

What is your experience using 3D Paint Preview in comparison to classic Paint?

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    There working on it, be back up soon :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Personally, I've never used it.
    And as for it becoming outdated, it has been for a great many years.

But your review makes the new Paint look promising and worth trying, which I will do.
    What I'd like to know beforehand is whether it accepts plug-ins, because without these, its functionality will soon reach a dead end.

4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Not everybody uses classic paint but most people do.

The 3D Paint Preview is good but lack plug-ins at the moment and it is still going through development phaces. I too hope with time they would sort out the need to allow plug-ins. You made a very important point. However, it is a lightweight 3D application.

5. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Can anybody direct me to where to find extensive pdf or html tutorials on Paint 3D preview online? I am not looking for introduction video tutorials or community, please.