[DISCUSSION] Internet Download Manager

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rupsd, May 30, 2010.

1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I got the same error when I registered my cracked version lol

Buy it

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That messages are very OK for pirated versions! Once you're 'registered with an 'fake' and/or stolen Serial Number, the IDM People will check on every possible way and deny any Updates etc. to you! That's simply their right and that's a good right!

If you'd paid for the Apps, you could simply contact the support of IDM and they would solve such problems for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    buy the soft (if u can)
    u're using cracked version

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lary_the_0

Lary_the_0 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2014
    thank you for all the blame-ish support, it made me laugh. I will contact the IDM company.

5. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    #105 SlimRock, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    -><-Deleted-><-

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #106 Smorgan, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015

7. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    First, if you've bought the soft then why asking here and not contact directly IDM support. If you didnt, why should we give you any support for a cracked IDM version as it's against the rules here. ;)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Even if use an legal version with License of IDM, just install often on different Windows installation, IDM Support will track that and once black list your licenses. They'll give a new License No., just the License Owner need to contact them first.

I use a few licenses of IDM and was get blacklisted once in the past because to often change the OS.Then I was need to provide them a few infos and get new License Key's, no problem with that. Since, I record all times on which OS and/or PC I use which License Key and send every few month those infos to the support of IDM and never were getting any problem again.

To use the Registry Hack, may works for some time but permanent. Once they'll get you again and if they found someone to breach the 'Rules' to often, they'll fully black list not only those license key you use, although yourself.

9. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Senior Member

May 5, 2010
    This kind of behavior is why I prefer to use open source software. Have you considered Free Download Manager?

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I have and could forget! There isn't any other (for me) which works that well as the IDM! Worth the money I'd paid for the Licenses!

And just to tell: I wouldn't like either if someone would steal the Apps I'd developed! And so, most of the serious Software Developers are thinking the same!

11. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    What IDM is doing that others don't ?
    i remember in the past, getright was the best, since a very long time now i never use such programs.

12. ppu

ppu MDL Junior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Compare yourself the speed with IDM and other download managers, you will witness the results.

13. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    #113 cetipabo2, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    the speed ? so IDM can go "faster" than its competitor ?
    so if i have a 20Mbit ADSL connection, i will be able to download @ 25Mbit/s with IDM and @ 20Mbit/s with the others ? :p

Seriously i don't think one is faster than another, they all use the same system that split the file you download in multiple connections.
    I thought IDM was having some awesome features that others don't...
    Anyway if one day i need something like that i would try something free like Eagleget

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What's the problem with you? It's up to any user what Apps he/she use or not!

If I think, IDM is the best for me, it's simply my decision and fully up to me WHY! To start an argument about that, simply show an low level of whatsoever!

Nobody tells YOU what to use or argue about that, so let other do what they want!

15. cetipabo2

cetipabo2 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2015
    #115 cetipabo2, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    hello !
    please calm down :biggrin: i have no problem with IDM or with you, i was just asking what this software has that others don't, that's all. i was speaking about the features nothing else. As i see here a lot of people are using this software i was just wondering if i missed something, maybe it does something that i'm not aware...
    About the "it's faster than the others", i'm sure it's not a good argument, because splitting a file to accelerate the download, all download accelerators are doing that.
    Once again i have nothing against people using IDM, i'm just a guy wondering if one day i have to use this kind of software why i would go to IDM instead to another one ? if i don't see any good reason then i'll go to something free...:rolleyes:
    Maybe we need to open a new topic: Why IDM is better than the others ? :biggrin:

16. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    I use KGet. It's free, supports resume, and it goes as fast as my ISP can. That's all I need in a download manager.

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote it's simply up to each user which apps he/she is using.

Fact is, the requirements what software could do or not, is simply depend on what you need it for and that could differs a lot. The only suitable way to find out, is extensive testing for all your 'need's'! And last but not least, Support for licensed apps are mainly ages better than for freeware in many cases in case there would be any need of that!

IDM gives the user 30 day's full Trial with no limitation or any difference to the paid version, which is what gives the users the ability to test it as deep as possible for to find out it suit's the need or not!

18. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    thankfully you quoted it :rofl:

19. stasio

stasio MDL Expert

May 3, 2007