[DISCUSSION] [LEAKED] [UNOFFICIAL] Windows 10 Build 10558

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Megas Red, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Looks to me like he did this in command windows -- net user administrator /active:yes Then signed out, and logged into it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    no new wallpapers....u do get new back light wallpapers their real cool.

3. symb

symb MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Can somebody please share/PM me the torrent file of the magnet link in first post... Thanks!

It's located in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

4. ctx3

ctx3 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2015
    #244 ctx3, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    #245 Simple07, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    @Shayne,
    Probably your Admin Approval Mode is Not Enabled. From an account other than (Administrator), try this:

1- Click on Start and type "Local Security Policy" open Local Policies then Security Options,
    2- Now, in the right pane, search for User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account, and view its status, if it is Not Defined or Disabled, double click on it and check the Enabled box.
    3- Close the Local Security Policy, Log out of the "User" account into the "Administrator" account and try again..

I hope this will help, Simple..

6. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    #246 Simple07, Oct 8, 2015
    Tips:
    If you have two or more accounts on your Windows installation, and you would like to sift between them without restarting, you could use either:

1- Sign out from one account and sign into another,
    Right click on the Start button --> Shut down or sign out and choose Sign out.
    This action closes all your work and logs you out.

2- Switching users,
    Click on the start menu, click on your User Name or Picture (top of the menu).
    Choose the account you would like to log into (from the drop down list).
    This action will allow you to leave your current User A and log into User B, without closing your applications.
    When you switch back to User A, you will find all your work functioning, in fact if you were downloading something in User A, you will find that it has continued to download and may have finished (in your absence).

I showed the switching to my 6 year old… he was not impressed.
    He said, I can switch between users without any of this complex stuff…
    I said, wellll.. and how is that??
    He said, I can be playing Minecraft on my eldest brother’s computer and leave it and play WoW on my other brother’s notebook… aaand without logging out of either.. (drooling eyes and big smile)..
    I said,(my eyebrows reaching my hairline) woooow; this is enlightening… I did not know they allowed you to play WoW any way!!

7. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    #247 Shayne, Oct 8, 2015
    Exactly, that is where I live as this take control of my own files and UAC pop ups has become a real pain in the a$$. Such that this OS has no place in a small network where users all know what they are doing. I think MD keeps trying it with his account indicating I have done something wrong.

Thank you, was about to post no go but a reboot did it. Love this place for people such as you. Funny how in 10240 it is not required however now it is. New to this account as it was not required before 10. Noted.

Regards

Edit: It worked as admin and carrying this out from another account was not required.

Should not post until I understand

User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account

This policy setting controls the behavior of Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account.

The options are:

• Enabled: The built-in Administrator account uses Admin Approval Mode. By default, any operation that requires elevation of privilege will prompt the user to approve the operation.

• Disabled: (Default) The built-in Administrator account runs all applications with full administrative privilege.

10240 disabled works fine
    10588 need to enable ????? still bugging me.

8. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    #248 Simple07, Oct 8, 2015
    I am glad it has worked for you. Please remember that B10240 is a GA product while B10588 is still under test..

Yes, it worked from Admin account, but you needed to reboot; I think a sign-out and sign-in again would have done it as well!!

Also, I suspect amongst the reasons for the variance with Windows 10 installations are:
    1- Fresh installations from ISO's.
    2- Upgrade over an existing Windows (God knows which) through the Fast or Slow link.
    3- Upgrades from xxxxx version using ISO's that may have had some changes:
    a- ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft.
    b- ISO converted from ESD Downloaded image.

Can you kindly tell us about your Windows installation; which of the above?..

I personally met some unexplainable issues; like the Internet Explorer closing by itself.... My wife thinks the Windows copy I have is jinxed.. I promised her that next problem I face; I will definitely try exorcism, and that I already located a professional exorcist from the countryside.. She bought it !!!

9. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Thank you
    Can you post what these new back lit wallpapers look like ?

10. Mister_JB

Mister_JB MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2015
    #250 Mister_JB, Oct 8, 2015
    I download this via the magnet link, took about 30mins. Just about to install on virtual machine for now.

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.10.CLIENTPRO-CORE.TH2.10558.X64.OEMRET.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT
    RELEASE DATE: 15/09/28
    BUILD: 10558.0.150928-1738
    FILE: 10558.0.150928-1738.TH2_RELEASE_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO
    SIZE: 4,044,433,408 byte
    NOTE: this is an original M$ image shared with the TOS partners.

If I upgrade my everyday desktop, will it impact / hinder future updates released by MS in the general release channel?

11. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    #251 Simple07, Oct 8, 2015
    What is your current installation (release and version), and was it an upgrade over a previous system?
    Also, are you a member of Microsoft Insiders, and are you already marked for upgrade?

p.s. I also have that ISO, installations using it have issues, there was an other (directly downloaded from Microsoft), search around and try that one..
    By the way, a new release is expected to happen any time (probably tomorrow) others say November, if you don't want to take risks and prepared to wait

Thanks, Simple

12. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm looking for the iso of Windows 10 Enterprise build 10559 64 bit.

Thanks

Bye

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

good luck :p

14. Mister_JB

Mister_JB MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2015
    My current version is 10240, I did subscribe to "insider program" some time back, I don't know about marked for upgrade, I just subscribed and did little else, I do receive insider emails.

I just installed 10558, obviously not activated, looks pretty neat, now I'm am just upgrading 10240 to 10558 in a VM session (in case anything goes wrong and gives a chance to play around).

I wouldn't mind upgrading my 'everyday use' PC, I might check out build 10547, general channel upgrades always appear to take a while before they are made available.

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    check message notifications

16. Simple07

Simple07 MDL Addicted

Nov 15, 2012
    You have not mentioned if you 10240 was also an upgrade from e.g. Windows 8.1?? Perform an "C:\SFC /SCANNOW" and keep the log file before installing B10558, perform it again after 10558 as well and compare your findings..

I am running a couple of "productive" computers on B10558 and other than some glitches that I could fix or live with, it is definitely better than any release of Windows 10... The problem with this release is that some issues are intermittent, you cannot reliably reintroduce them.

However, there are identified issues (due to design structural changes) where the partners are working on (like the display adapter drivers) and some are Microsoft's own. But all in all, I think we are quite near to a product that can be released as GA, and I actually like it in terms of productivity.

The strategies of the partners at this stage is unclear on how will they support the new Windows with existing products. For example.. I have a nice HP notebook that has Beats Audio. If you install Windows 32 bit, the usable memory is 986MB out of 8GB.. HP is aware of this issue for more than a year, they have not done anything about it.. add to that it has IDT Audio with beats sound system, both IDT and Beats were acquired. The existing drivers don't work well with Windows 10 and HP is also aware of this. HP's recommendation is to use Windows generic drivers... Fine, they do produce sound, but you loose the nice beats functions like subwoofer and equalizer.

I strongly advise everyone when buying, to consider a good reliable product which its manufacturer does not leave it in the cold like if it was an illegitimate child. May be this is why HP products are recently not showing much in the best products like before.

Good luck with your upgrade, while it is not perfect, it is better than 10240, in my opinion.

17. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Does build 10558 have the same problem as 10240 that prevents surround sound from working using Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect? MS acknowledged the issue, but gave no indication on when it would be fixed other than it would be fixed in an upcoming build.

18. Budman_NC

Budman_NC MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2015
    Will a 32 bit version of this build ever be released???

19. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Considering that this build is a leak, not a release, I would have to answer "No!"