[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office 2019

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ratzlefatz, Sep 26, 2017.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Yes

Office 2019 = Office 365 = Office 2016 Click To Run
    self updating mechanism

2. Shaun_Sidey

Shaun_Sidey MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2020
    Hey! Total n00b here. I just torrented a package of Microsoft Office with a crack. No idea what to do from here. I've read the readme (and readme PDF version) and it makes no sense to me. I feel like I'm not even reading English LOL. Totally on my end, but I just need some help, any advice on how to walk through setting this up would be wonderful. Thank you

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Throw away that crap and download an original ISO or use YAOCTRU to download an official package and use YAOCTRI to install it, activate by using KMS_VL_ALL.

4. Bobby P.

Bobby P. MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2015
    Thank you very much abbodi!
    Never crossed my mind that malwarebytes was doing the job! It quarantined the registry items in question! And since I've excluded sppextcomobjhook.dll in Avast, I never thought of malwarebytes being the problem, as it didn't quarantine any registry keys before! Looks like it does now...Thank you, thank you a thousand times man!

5. xhemal1325

xhemal1325 MDL Member

May 24, 2014
    Hi ? is office 2019 faster than 2016 ? I dont have a good laptop but office 2016 works perfectly . Should i try office 2019 ?

6. qwesta

qwesta MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Go ahead and give it a try, you can always go back if you are not satisfied

7. gundja

gundja MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I have just downloaded the img links and was wondering if i copy the contents to a folder on my desktop and then install it from there. Would it work ??

I know you just need to mount the img and then install it from here but a pc without a dvd drive and no software to mount the image. Can we proceed like this ?

8. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Pareto Optimal

Pareto Optimal MDL Senior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Sorry, I've been away from this for a while. The ProPlus IMG files on page one include Project, VISIO and other goodies, right? They also have an EXE file so I don't have to use click to run or anything else, right? Is it "better" to use one of the tools on page one to apply KMS or aboddi's KMS on it's own?

Thank you and stay safe!

10. Pareto Optimal

Jun 2, 2012
    I just installed an IMG file from page one. I put it on a thumbdrive wtih easy2boot but E2B said it couldn't use or find the install file after trying for a long time. Maybe it doesn't play nice with IMG files. Maybe if it was an ISO, it would have worked. I mounted the IMG file and ran the setup.exe successfully.

Now I have to use C2R-R2V or OfficeRTool to change Retail to VL, correct? I noticed OfficeRTool is the ONLY off-line installer. Is that correct? The IMG has a setup.exe to install. So, is the only reason to use OfficeRTool to change from Retail to VL? If I had used OfficeRTool to install, do I point it to the IMG I've downloaded?

Do C2R-R2V and OfficeRTool activate or is KMS the only way to activate. I've used KMS to activate Win10 before. I need to activate both now on a new install test machine on a very old laptop.
    I want to add Project and VISIO too. I thought they were a part of the ProPlus version of Office. I used to find separate ISO's for them on MDL but I don't recall where. Is there anything else to add to Office? An easy DB would be good. Any help with my many questions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help. I used to code ages ago when they were called languages. I wish I could code the modern stuff like you guys. I wish I could create my own tools and apps with GUI's.

11. loveleeyoungae

loveleeyoungae MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    Why did you put it on an E2B thumbdrive? E2B is only used for booting bootable image files that run on bare metal, while Office is an application suite running on an Operating System. Did you really "code"? ;)
    My best advice for you is:
    - Use YAOCTRI - choose to install Office 365 Suite which will also let you choose to install Project and Visio, also remember to choose "Disable Telemetry: False"
    - After that use KMS_VL_ALL to activate both Win10 and Office apps.

12. Satoshi19

Satoshi19 MDL Member

Jun 15, 2017
    After installing, how to activate?

13. Pareto Optimal

Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks for the help. I want a thumbdrive full of OSes/distros, tools, office suites, ets.. There are several tools other than RUFUS that let you do that. They're not just for OSes anymore. Yes, I did code.

Thank you

14. pantezuma

pantezuma MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi to all.
    I have installed Office 2019 on a fresh Windows 10 (Version 2004) using the posted images and installers.
    Later let C2R-R2V and KMS_VL_ALL to their thing.
    Checked and everything OK on Pro Plus + Project.
    The thing is that Office doesn't seem to update via Windows Update (Receive updates for other Microsoft Products is checked).
    Also tried to manually run the Scheduled tasks and it didn't update either.
    The only way to update to Version 2005 (newest so far) seems to be manually via any Office app interface.
    Does anybody have a suggestion or was able to update via Windows Update?
    Thanks in advance!

15. perico

perico MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    I made a mistake while installing Office Pro 2019 Retail and running kms_vl_all without previously converting it to VL, therefore Office 2016 365 Mondo was installed. How do I proceed now ?:
    Uninstall Office and reinstall? Do I run KMS again and convert it to VL? How do I uninstall KMS if necessary? I want to have Office Pro 2019
    Please suggest to proceed

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    KMS_VL_ALL does the retail>vl conversion for you, and afaik that office 2016 365 mondo seems correct.

17. perico

perico MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2013
    #3058 perico, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    @Enthousiast:

Thank for your answer:

But, I want Office Pro 2019. It is not possible through KMS_VL_ALL? What I have to do?

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Install Office 2019 Pro Plus and it will activate as Pro plus, but i believe mondo 365 has more features, maybe someone can inform you more about it.

19. Pareto Optimal

Jun 2, 2012
    The 1st page doesn't list that KMS_VL_ALL converts Retail to VL. The link takes you to the KMS_VL_ALL page which does list that feature. Perhaps OP could list that on page one.
    Currently the 1st page states within Step #3 to do step #2 Retail to VL before Step #3 KMS Activation.