[DISCUSSION] Microsoft Office for Mac Standard 2016

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Tito, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Krib

Krib MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2017
    #62 Krib, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    ISO from the FTP on the previous page works fine and contains the serializer. Everything seems to work.

Also, can I update Office once it's installed or should I turn that off? Thanks!

2. YuriMND

YuriMND MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    @Lakerfanalways
    The activation process can be done through the Serializer (I'm using the one from post #56). Don't worry about cracks, because it's a MS official solution for VL products. Just install the version you downloaded and close the "welcome window" that will appear after the Office installation. Then install the Serializer and open any Office app. Once you do this, the "welcome window" will pop up again, but with a "ignore login session" or something like that at the bottom. Click it. Done. You can even update normally.

3. joemoney1231

joemoney1231 MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2016
    #65 joemoney1231, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    I am still trying to get this work on my MAC. VS High Sierra, 10.13.3 I followed the directions here but no avail. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Attached Files:

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    And have you run the Serializer package?

5. joemoney1231

joemoney1231 MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2016
    Yes, the Serializer package did execute without error.

6. Craig Dunbar

Craig Dunbar MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2009
    This is flagged as a Coin Miner malware site!

7. Agret

Agret MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Step 1) Install any edition of Office 2016 for Mac
    Step 2) Run VL Serializer PKG (make sure you have v2 as v1 is broken) -- This should be called Microsoft_Office_2016_VL_Serializer_2.0.pkg
    Step 3) After installing VL Serializer your Office 2016 for Mac is activated & there is no step 3 :)

Troubleshooting - Press COMMAND+SHIFT+G inside a Finder window and paste /Library/Preferences/ then hit go
    Delete the file called com.microsoft.office.licensingV2.plist and then try run the serializer again, it should re-generate this file.

8. fabre gastro

fabre gastro MDL Junior Member

May 29, 2018
    i need to thank everyone in this thread because i downloaded and installed and activated office 2016 for macos. since i am building a macos image for an old mac of my friend which is unsupported this thread helped me a lot. now i wouldnt have to hear his girly nagging that he can run office 2016 also in his macOS.
    thanks!

9. zhangyoufu

zhangyoufu MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    Volume License SKU was updated. The new part number is X21-83220.

10. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
  11. Pedro Digital Life

Pedro Digital Life MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2018
    Is there a valid link to download the serializer? Having a really hard time finding one that's not just click-bait for ads.

12. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #78 LostED, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. mag01

mag01 MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2011
    And the latest VL image is just the VL serializer so you can just use the retail installation package & the serializer and be done.
    It seems they didn't want to bother with creating&updating VL specific installation packages and went this easier way instead.

14. rockstar57

rockstar57 MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2011
    I feel like I have tried every package in this thread now, but every time I try to start office, it asks me to log on to the account with which I purchased office and then it tells me that there are no licenses associated with that account. Then it turns into a glorified viewer and I can't edit any documents.

I have completely uninstalled and re-installed office. I have run the serializer v2 several times. I have scoured through my Library to remove any trace of office and re-installed. Several times. I even found a license remover published by Microsoft that I have run and then re-installed the serializer. I've found some dodgy tool called FWMSO2016VL that seemingly correctly identifies what office packages I have and when they are activated or not. But it does not matter. Because office insist I log on and then tells me there is no license. Also does not matter if I go offline. Then it simply spins at the login screen forever and doesn't go anywhere.

It is suggested that the license files should be located at "/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office.licensingV2.plist". I can not find this file. I've used finder and included search for system files and it does not exist as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions?