Discussion of newly leaked SLP key...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vwgolfman, Aug 16, 2009.

1. studio

studio MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009
    #21 studio, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    ^^ that is the whole point

the reply to my post is crazy talk
    the disc is PRESSED - INSTALLED - BOXED - SHIPPED TO RETAILER WAREHOUSES - WAITING FOR PRE RLS DATE OR DATE OF SALE

if you worked in any retail before you would know that retail stores have warehouses that push their stuff to the store. ( these are ex )
    BESTBUY has their own WAREHOUSE that pushes out all their items to stores.
    WALMART has their own WAREHOUSE that pushes out all their items to stores.
    these warehouses get items way before the ship dates so they can them self push the items to the stores with LABELS on the sides of the boxes DO NOT DISPLAY TILL XXXX DATE. So does that means keys or install disc could have been ripped from a computer that was in one of those boxes as most stuff in the market does. AKA MUSIC , DVD , XBOX GAMES , PS2 , WII , AND SO ON GETS RLS BEFORE STREET DATE.

in my eyes its highly unlikely the key was leaked from some one in the company if so LENOVO and DELL have big flaw inside their company.

2. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    "their" not "there" you i#$%5#@t!

And you call yourself a native English speaker.

3. will5

will5 MDL Senior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    sure, people still think that MS could act until october 21 :D

OEM hates recall, MS hates OEM complaining...

we are not so important to them :)

4. poi2

poi2 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    #24 poi2, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Actually, I'd expect the OEM's have multiple people testing things themselves, and they'd be using their own OEM keys in the process.

And assumably there are models that come pre-assembled that would be having things tested.

So there would be people out there running and testing things outside Technet/MSDN folk. For that matter there would be their tech partners (Intel, antivirus vendors, etc.) using things too. Sure, they could probably have something where all use has to come from their own domain, etc., but....

I've also frankly wondered how the heck OEM's can mass install and test the OS on all systems. Wouldn't they essentially be able to simply put their generic installations on multiple hard drives, then they essentially install drivers, etc., unique to given models on first actual use? In other words, isn't it likely there are lots of hard drives with OEM installs already on them, even if they'll eventually end up in "custom" builds?

Anyway, I do think Lenovo happened early enough to likely block that particular key later, but it's not going to surprise me if it's too late for this Dell one. It's not like whatever Dell's key is isn't getting out there sooner or later. If they really flip out about stuff like this, they need to overhaul their entire activation system, even if it miffs the OEM's....

5. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Let's be patient and adopt a "wait and see".
    So far nothing has change.:)

6. loopy

loopy MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
    Who's the genius who posted the key on Neowin?

7. nithinmohantk

nithinmohantk MDL Junior Member

Mar 21, 2008
    it's already been on 2000+ search pages in google. just put the key in Google and see.

You could see a millions of pages by now.. :)

8. loopy

loopy MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
    Gah, goes to show nothing is a secret on the tubes of the internets :D Still I found it humorous someone thought it kosher to post it, in plain text format no less, on Neowin where they've been pretty strict for a long time.