[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. ktide1

ktide1 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    So far, no.

2. Darkhorseman

Darkhorseman MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2018
    Thank you I appreciate the answer.. What a shame Microsoft always seems to take something good and just either screw it up royally or just remove the feature alltogether i rememeber when they removed xbmc from the xbox 360 sickening.. just sickening.. Thank you again for the answers i appreciate it

3. Deihmos

Deihmos MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2015
    You guys are crazy. The HDhomerun has an app that works with Windows 10. WMC is dead.

4. Aly

Aly MDL Member

Feb 27, 2008
    HD Homerun app has choppy video. Dropped frames.
    WMC TV video is 100% smooth. Perfect framerate.

5. ManS-H

ManS-H MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks, I try it again after a long time.

6. ktide1

ktide1 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Get back to me when the HDhomerun app will record DRM-protected channels and when it comes with a grid guide instead of that stupid slice guide crap and then we'll talk. WMC may be 'officially' dead, but it's still the only solution that will truly do it all for cablecard and do it well.

7. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    1st post updated with alternative branch installer

8. tannerjim

tannerjim MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2015
    I was able to download and install. However, when I attempt to play a recorded TV show, the screen simply goes blank. No video...no audio. Any advise??

9. lachape_one

lachape_one MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    It depends if you uninstall any previous WMC and codecs, and upon Windows version?

10. tannerjim

tannerjim MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2015
    Windows is 1803

I used the uninstalled script. Then the InstallerGREEN.cmd

Media Center starts up fine...everything works (video's and movie)...except Recorded TV (that I record on an older Win 7 system in garage)

11. lachape_one

lachape_one MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    In C:\Windows\System32 folder, which file version has MSVIdCtl.dll properties?

12. tannerjim

tannerjim MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2015
    lachape_one.....

That did it!! I removed the existing MSVIdCtl.dll and put the one from your install package to C:\Windows\System32

It now works!! You are the BEST!!! Thank you!!!!!!

13. 019

019 MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2016
    This thread helped me a ton so here's some info that maybe will help somebody else.
    This is mostly for google, so here's the...
    TL;DR
    1. if you get the error "Ignoring unknown device" when running "ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery"
    2. Make sure the tuners current IP address matches the ones in the registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\ehPrivJob\LocalPbdaSWTunerDevices]

More Info:

I got some Ubiquiti network hardware (Unifi USG, Unifi 8-port switch, Unifi WAP) to upgrade my dying Buffalo wifi router.
    Also have SiliconDust HDHR3-cc tuner with cablecard pulling DRM channels on win10 1511. Everything worked fine with the Buffalo.
    Got everything up and running on the Unifi network but WMC can't see the tuners. "Viewing or Listening Conflict. No tuner available to satisfy the current request"

1st problem: switched from 192.168.100.xxx to 192.168.1.xxx and windows thought it was a new public network and disabled network sharing, discovery, etc.
    - Fix
    - go to network and sharing center
    - switch network to private
    - go to advanced sharing, turn on network discovery and automatic setup of devices
    - restart computer

2nd problem:
    - WMC still couldn't see the tuners
    - Fix
    - In Unifi Controller > Settings > Services > enable UPNP

3rd problem
    - WMC still couldn't see the tuners, sort of.
    - At this point I was fiddling with:
    - c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery
    - it returned all three tuners but listed each as "Ignoring unknown device 'HDhomeRun Prime Tuner xxxxxxx-0'"
    - Fix
    - Plugged my WMC and SiliconDust tuner into my old router and plugged the router into the Unifi switch and had it double-NAT'd so the main network was in the 1.x subnet and WMC/SD was back in its 100.x subnet
    - Ran OCURDiscovery again... and everything worked..
    - Discovered known device 'HDHomeRun ...
    - But that was lame and that router was dying

4th problem.. get all the devices on the same network and ditch the old router
    - Fix
    - Plugged WMC/SD back into the network, they got their new IPs
    - Fire up regedit, go to this key:
    - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\ehPrivJob\LocalPbdaSWTunerDevices]
    - It was a list of my HDHomerun Prime Tuners
    - Each had a "Host" key with an IP, on the OLD NETWORK.
    - Changed the IP of each tuner to their new IP, and ding!
    - running ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery then returned "Discovered known device 'HDHomeRun ...

14. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bump

Anyone??

15. digikeys61trab

digikeys61trab MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2018
    Where can I find office 2013 Visio, project, access, outlook (...) all languages in VL Version for MAK Keys?
    Thanks very much.

16. dbDesign

dbDesign MDL Junior Member

Oct 8, 2015
    #8977 dbDesign, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    after updated to 1809 and setup WMC with Live-TV it worked for one evening.
    But after starting up this morning, Life-TV was broken because of issue with codec.
    I tried things like K-Lite Mega CodecPack, Win7DSFilterTweaker, setting codec to MS-Media but nothing works.
    Still notification about video fault
    I had the same going to 1803 but could make it work. Now I'm losing my mind...…….

ps: off course Microsoft stock DvD-player is installed and I have installed the latest WMC-V8.8.2 version (out off France)

17. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    what version, LTSC, home....?

18. dbDesign

dbDesign MDL Junior Member

Oct 8, 2015
    It is Home 64Bit with Upgrade from 1803 to 1809

19. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hello,
    Did you uninstall WMC before upgrading ? Try to uninstall it, reboot, and retry.
    No problem here with a fresh install of 1809 and WMC 8.8.2 during Live TV. I use K-Lite codec pack too.
    With Windows 1809 there is no more bug when you reduce the window of WMC as it was the case with 1803