Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.
You need to login to view this posts content.
The files in 8.8.1 are similar to the V12 ones I used to create V13. The main difference is that the V8 ones have been patched to get extenders working. Unfortunately, those patches prevent WMC running full screen in an RDP session, which is something I don't like.
So, either version should work with DVBlink as long as you put back old DLLs. My add-ons replace newer DLLs with ones from 1709 and so far, I haven't had any problem using them.
It depends on your requirements of course but the reason I recommend people use V13 over V8.8.1 is that my add-ons are included with it so they can be run whenever required straight from the installer folder. They can also be downloaded and used with any 64bit version but that creates extra work.
V13 is the only version available in 32bit that will install on Windows 10 after 1803.
I've tried to install v13 and also applied the fixes (replace_dlls.cmd and fix_thumbnails.cmd). If I don't run the replace_dlls fix the tuner can not be found. After applying the fix I can find the tuners, but no channels.
With v8.8.4 most works (DVBLogic virtual tuners are found, channels are found) but I cannot start a tv channel (the play button is grayed out).
If I get any hints how to debug it I could give it a try.
how about V8.8.1 and replacing DLLs? edit: shouldn't need to do that as you have already.
@aquadextrous reports that this works for him.....
I've restored the original DLLs. Now I have an installed 8.8.1. Which batch files should I start? From the v13?
OK. I've tried the following.
- Installation of v8.8.1 and DVBLink Server 6.0.0 and DVBLink for IPTV (WMC does not find any tuners, message box appears)
- replace_dlls.cmd from v13 (DVBLogic finds tuners and channels, but PlayReady error message appears).
- fix_thumbnails.cmd from v13 => it works!
Awesome! Thanks to all contributers!
That's great news.
interesting that there is something else that is different between V13 and V8.8.1 - wonder what it is?
are you saying that the playready message only appears before running fix_thumbnails and goes away after running it?
or does playready need updating/resetting?
>are you saying that the playready message only appears before running fix_thumbnails and goes away after running it?
Exactly. I've just installed a Windows update and the message reappeared. After this I launched fix_thumbnails and I could watch Live TV.
>or does playready need updating/resetting?
I didn't do anything else. I always skip the part with PlayReady during setup. Is this needed if TV channels are encrypted?
BTW: The fix_thumbnails.cmd script and probably others are not working if the current path has spaces.
>Exactly. I've just installed a Windows update and the message reappeared. After this I launched fix_thumbnails and I could watch Live TV.
It seems that after every restart of Windows I have to launch fix_thumbnails otherwise the PlayReady error message appears.
I'm running 8.8.4 on 1903 and i'm having a problem with HDTV channels, SD channels work fine and all my HD mkv files work fine.
When I watch HD live TV or recorded TV, after about 30 secs I start getting bad screen artifacts. If I stop and resume, or change channel back and forward the video clears up for 30 or secs. I had problems with this on Windows 1803, but it was only intermittent and start/stop would give you about an hour.
False alarm. The error seems to appear because the DVBLink service was not ready after the restart. If I wait some time I can start watching live TV.
The installer has always said in the readme that it needed to be in a path without spaces. It is a limitation with running powershell and/or nsudo.
V13 installer checks for spaces in the path but the add-ons themselves don't, because they expect the installer to be located somewhere without spaces.
I always let it install PlayReady but I don't know whether I need it or not in the UK.
I have had a couple of issues and I've had to rename mspr.hds so it must get used somewhen.
I had a problem on all my PCs where the picture in WMC would get blockier and blockier and eventually would stop playing. It still happens on one of my PCs if I run in full screen but not if I run in a window so I use j.c.f's launcher on that one. I think it is something to do with the Intel graphics.
On my other PCs, which all have AMD graphics, I found that it works perfectly even in full screen after adding my app paths.
So, now I am wondering; if running my add-ons with 8.8.1 (and potentially 8.8.2) gets DVBLink running, would it also work with 8.8.3 and 8.8.4?
After all, they replace system DLLs and restore the registry settings for encdec, which WMC 8.8.4 doesn't use any more but maybe they would continue to help with older third party applications like DVBLink.
I think I might create a new standalone tool that can be used with any 64bit PC and combines the functions of both add-ons into one.
Thanks for your explanations as regards the verions.
I had trouble with 1803 on my Intel NUC's with Intel Gcards of course. I found this was a life saver:-
Settings Cog > System > Focus Assist And set when I'm playing a game set to disabled to improve speed media center resizes immediatly
On 1809 had no affect maybe on 1903 its back to being usefull again.
Hope that helps
Thanks Gareth, the one I've got problems with has a Gigabyte Z370 HD3 mobo with onboard intel UHD 630 graphics and I've tried *everything* *everyone* has offered up as a solution but *nothing* make a scrap of difference.
The only way I can use it 'full screen' is to use j.c.f's launcher. Everything else works a few times and then stops working.
I'll give jcf launcher a go. My pc is a AMD Ryzen 2400g with intergrated vega graphics