[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. technodevotee

technodevotee MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2015
    that's nuts - I don't have delays anything like and never have. I'd give up using it if I did.

maybe a couple of seconds now and then while in the schedule

The worst I ever had was when I had a delay when playing anything due to a problem with playready and even then it was only a delay of about 30 seconds

have you got playready installed at the moment?

if so, it might be worth resetting it with multi tool or reset_playready.cmd

edit: oh well, strike that.

2. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    i've lived with it hanging when removing a conflict for years, with v13 its gone, i can live with it how it is now, i normally use Kodi to watch films, to get 5.1 sound.
    if there was a way to make WMC use TS and allow multiple recordings per mux, that would be great

3. mmortal03

mmortal03 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2017
    Unrelated question about manual series recording -- is there a way to get the series recordings that are scheduled manually to record perpetually into the future? I've not been watching enough TV to need to pull any guide information, so I just scheduled a couple of shows, like late night shows, to record manually at their respective times each day of the week as series. However, for some reason, even though I've set them that way, they only get scheduled out to about a month into the future, and unless I remember to go in and re-save each manually, the next month's dates don't get scheduled.

4. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    I don't think it is possible because the two things work differently. As I understand it, each series has a code in the guide and WMC searches for the code in the guide data and uses it to create a schedule entry, so if you don't have guide data it'll never find it.

5. j.c.f.

j.c.f. MDL Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Right, but he's using manual recording, channel and time, no guide data required other than the channel data itself and that should be perpetual. I've only used manual recordings for sudden changes in the things where say a sporting event is delayed by weather and they'll have another broadcast the following day that of course the EPG has no chance of knowing about (at least until this weekend where I notice EPG123 actually managed to pick one up, first time I've ever seen that).

6. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    #10106 technodevotee, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    I guess the
    part confused me.

It is semantics I suppose but to me, setting a recurring time and channel recording doesn't make it a series recording, it is just a recurring time and channel recording.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why it stops working after a Month. Maybe it is designed that way?

7. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I installed V13 but it doesn't launch, even tried compatibility mode but nothing.

8. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    from the included Known Issues file:

This issue also affects V8.8.X

9. ksio89

ksio89 MDL Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I did read some of the known issues but I missed that, thank you for the help and for V13 package.

10. ChrisJohn

ChrisJohn MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    I have WMC running and recording just fine on Windows 10 2004 ( 2020 May update) except that WMC cannot find the codec to play its own files. I get a decoder error message. VLC plays the .wtv format with no problems. How do I get WMC to play back its own files? I have installed WMC via V13 full package with all the fixes.

11. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    If you run list_dlls.cmd, it should show them all as n.n.16299.n and if they aren't, then one of them either didn't get replaced for some reason or has been replaced by MS since you ran the scripts. I've had this happen to me when MS installed an update immediately after I replaced the DLLs.

One reason that DLLs don't get replaced is because they were in use so I would recommend that you shutdown and restart, then run replace_dlls.cmd before doing anything else.

If they are all the required version, then I don't know what to suggest apart from removing V13 and installing 8.8.4.

12. ChrisJohn

ChrisJohn MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    Many thanks for your advice. I guess that a Win 10 update had done as you suggested as running replace_clls.cmd did the job and I can now view Recorded TV programmes in WMC.

To be honest, I don't often use WMC to watch recordings as the main use I make of WMC is to record films and other programmes that I wish to watch and then use VideoReDo to strip out adverts, saving the result in MP4 format to then watch on my TV without being interrupted every few minutes with advert breaks.

13. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    Sounds like a good system you've got going there.

14. GREBERT

GREBERT MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2019
    #10114 GREBERT, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Hello
    I HAVE UPDATED MY WINDOWS 10 TO 2004
    I REINSTALL WMC 8.8.4 AND APPLY THE SQLITE PATCH
    THE WMC STARTS ME ALL THE PIXELIZED CHAINS I HAVE EVEN DONE A
    CHANNEL SEARCH THE PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME WHAT I COULD DO FOR ITS PIXELISE?
    WMC MA INDICATES THAT PLAYREADY AND NOT UP TO DATE FOR TEMP I HAVE VERSION 1.3.2313.10
    THANK YOU

15. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2016
    Help! Been running WMC for years and I was so impressed how it would always install/run so easily. Guess my luck ran out. I just performed a clean Windows 10 install and updated until there was nothing left to update. I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004 OS build 19041.329. I think I used v8.8.3 in the past. No cable box - just an Hauppage HD digital card.

v13 did not wok but I think I screwed up because I forgot to install the drivers for the card. So I uninstalled (added card drivers), and tried v13 again. This time TestRights.cmd gave an endless loop of black cmd windows! Only way to stop was to close down the PC. Then I uninstalled, and tried 8.8.4 and the same thing. This time tried to uninstall and it too is giving me endless cmd windows! Again have to force a PC shutdown.

Anybody lead me to what is happening or what to try? I can follow directions but I am not some techie per se. Was able to reboot and uninstall without the endless cmd window looping. Should I try again with 8.8.4 or v13? Should I try one of the endless tools provided?

thx

16. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    The only time I seen this sort of thing reported, it was caused by the antimalware that was installed. It there's no third party antimalware on your PC, then I guess your Windows installation is broken. I've had a number of issues with 2004 (fresh installs and upgrades) but other than needing to use fix_mssqllite to make it work, WMC isn't one of them.

Once you are in a position to actually install WMC, I suspect that the least effort for you is to use V8.8.4 and fix_mssqllite.

17. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015

I believe you have had this problem with PlayReady before but I'm not sure that you even need it so I would uninstall it (in add/remove programs) and reinstall WMC, skipping the PlayReady install.

I don't think the pixilation issue you are having is connected to the PlayReady issue but it might be worth a try as I don't have any other ideas.

18. GREBERT

Apr 1, 2019

I uninstall playready to restart the pc reinstall restart and launch wmc and the problem and always the same I don't see where it could come from

do you know another program that faces the same thing the story of testing my tv card to see if it is not she who will have a problem

19. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    You don't have to install PlayReady along with WMC, you can refuse the option in the setup.

Some card manufacturers supply an app with their card that allows you to watch TV without WMC.

20. GREBERT

Apr 1, 2019
    #10120 GREBERT, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    [QUOTE = "technodevotee, post: 1606655, membre: 613937"] Vous n'avez pas besoin d'installer PlayReady avec WMC, vous pouvez refuser l'option dans la configuration.

Certains fabricants de cartes fournissent une application avec leur carte qui vous permet de regarder la télévision sans WMC. [/ QUOTE]

I TESTED MY TUNER ON ANOTHER PC A WINDOWS 7 WITH WMC GOOD IT FALUATED THAT I INSTALL THE READYPLAY ME SAME OR OTHERWISE THE TUNER WORKS GOOD IMAGE AND ITS PERFECT

MES ON MY OTHER PC THE PROBLEM FOR ME IS MORE LIKE A CODEC PROBLEM THAT DOESN'T
    décoder CORRECTLY THAN YOU THINK OF THIS IDEA