[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. technodevotee

technodevotee MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2015
    I have no idea what your problem is because I can't understand what you are telling us.

As I have said to you before, simply write what you want to say in French and someone may be able to help. I can use translator like you do.

2. GREBERT

GREBERT MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2019
    j' ai fait le test du tuner sur un windows 7 avec wmc l image et le son été bien présente sans anomalie

sur le windows 10 2004 j ai tout désinstaller et tout réinstaller rien change je dirai même que sa ressemble un a un problème de codec l image pixelise en carrer vert et le son saute aussi sur toute les chaîne

3. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    I've never seen that issue before but I have had a number of problems with PCs after upgrading to 2004 and not just with WMC. I found that on-line upgrades seem to give more trouble that doing it with an ISO or a USB stick.

Your quickest fix may just be to roll back the upgrade and redo it.

4. GREBERT

Apr 1, 2019
    [QUOTE = "technodevotee, post: 1606703, membre: 613937"] Je n'ai jamais vu ce problème auparavant mais j'ai eu un certain nombre de problèmes avec les PC après la mise à niveau vers 2004 et pas seulement avec WMC. J'ai trouvé que les mises à niveau en ligne semblent poser plus de problèmes que le faire avec une ISO ou une clé USB.

La solution la plus rapide consiste peut-être à annuler la mise à niveau et à la refaire. [/ QUOTE]

je les faite par cle usb et je n est vue aucun problème autre par que avec le wmc
    mois le problème me parle j ai du déjà l avoir et j avais été obliger de faire la mise a jour playready mes la version que je possède et la même que toi et c est pas la dernière

5. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    OK so no roll back available and you installed using a stick. No idea where to go from here.

6. GREBERT

Apr 1, 2019
    #10128 GREBERT, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    j'ai fait l essai sans anti virus j'ai verifier t es dire et tout ete bien comme il faut le problème vien de autre par

en windows 10 1909 tout marcher parfaitement sa vien surement d une incompatibilité entre le windows 10 2004 et le wmc 8.8.4

7. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    There are hundreds and hundreds of people running WMC V8.8.4 and V13 perfectly fine on Windows 2004 so it must be something peculiar to your set up.

8. GREBERT

Apr 1, 2019
    [QUOTE = "technodevotee, post: 1606737, membre: 613937"] Il y a des centaines et des centaines de personnes qui exécutent WMC V8.8.4 et V13 parfaitement bien sur Windows 2004, cela doit donc être quelque chose de particulier à votre configuration. [/ QUOTE]
    PROBLÈME C EST QUE JE VOIT PAS DE OU SA VIEN ET AUCUNE TRACE DE PROBLÈME AU JOURNAL DES ERREUR ET JE PEU PAS TESTER AVEC LE LOGICIEL QUI VA AVEC LE TUNER IL EST PAS COMPATIBLE WINDOWS 10 NI AVEC LA TNT HD POUR TEMPS LE TUNER FAIT LA HD

9. Badcatalex

Badcatalex MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2017
  10. MikeyMan

MikeyMan MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2016
    #10134 MikeyMan, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    @GREBERT rather arrogant posting in french on an english forum, and expecting others to do your work...

also having issues after update. still at 8.8.2 from start post. will look for 8.8.4. cant live with kodi

edit: won't start at all with 8.8.4. Will have a further look for solution.

11. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    Actually, I asked @GREBERT to post in French because I couldn't understand his English and wanted to use translator.

You most likely need to reinstate MSSQLLite and you can find a tool to do that on my website (in my signature).

12. MikeyMan

MikeyMan MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2016
    @technodevotee Managed to get it up and running with the V13 installer somehow.

Now just a matter of getting Emby working again and we're set :)

13. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    Well, as you know, I've been through what you're going through and I though you might like to read the whole sorry saga.

Maybe not.

14. Badcatalex

Badcatalex MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2017
    Frankly I think the main cause is a difference between how 8.1 handles it with the Media Center Pack and how 8.1/10 handles it when the WMC installers install WMC- but idk. I'm so dang close to getting it work but I can't do anything :( and I don't have a TV stick to use Kodi with, I don't have a Roku, and I can't upgrade to the One.

My main reason for this all is because I can kinda somewhat play MKV files through WMC this way

15. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    I don't think it is the installer because, as long as it is set up correctly, my XBOX 360 connects, configures and plays just fine with WMC V12 on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 v15xx.

It also connects and configures with V13 on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 v15xx. But it won't configure on anything later even using the same WMC installer so I'm pretty certain that there's something in later versions of Windows that breaks it.

Unfortunately, no one has been able to find out what - yet.

16. Badcatalex

Badcatalex MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2017
    Hmm... also idk if I am using 8.8.4 or V12... what are the differences anyway? And how would I know which one I am using?