[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. Blue-Screen

Blue-Screen MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2020
    I get some Problems with the 2020-8 monthly Patch. Will Not install. Someone Else Problems?!

2. pHarmar Histamine

pHarmar Histamine MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2020
    Thanks for taking time to post your solution, it saved me loads of time. When I rebooted my router, modem, my HDHR3 was assigned a new IP address and suddenly I was getting a viewing conflict "tuner not detected" error. Using regedit to input the new IP address solved it.

3. plplplpl

plplplpl MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2020
    Yes, many thanks to technodevotee . I was able to get WMC back up and running after Windows 10 2004 borked it.

1. Did a backup with the BackupRestoreSettings.cmd in the WMC 8.8.4 and/or WMC v.13 setup folders.
    2. Unsintalled WMC 8.8.4 with the Uninstaller.cmd included in the WMC 8.8.4 and/or WMC v.13 setup folders.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Installed WMC 8.8.4 with InstallerBLUE.cmd
    5. Reboot
    6. Run fix_MSSQLLite.cmd (in the install folder) included in the WMC 8.8.4 and/or WMC v.13 setup folders.
    7. Reboot.
    8. Run BackupRestoreSettings.cmd in the WMC 8.8.4 and/or WMC v.13 setup folders.However, I had to go through WMC setup procedures, rescan for channels again, and re-program my recordings since those didn't seem to be restored.
    I am back up and running, so kudos to all who have contributed here. I am puzzled that I can't find technodevotee 's signature and site anymore. Hope he's OK. :)

4. technodevotee

technodevotee MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2015
    I'm OK thanks - had a week off is all but there was a problem with the website that I couldn't resolve remotely.

I've restored some of the files but the site won't be available after the middle of September anyway.

5. mbedford

mbedford MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2017
    Every copy of v8.8.4 I download doesnt have the fix_MSSQLLite.cmd (in the install folder).

This is crazy i've downloaded it from 4 different locations now. Ive checked my antivirus to check its not quarantined the file. Also checked inside the original zip files also.

6. plplplpl

plplplpl MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2020
    I believe you can download from...

7. Joni

Joni MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    I previously used the WMC version downloaded from technodevotee site. It's gone now and I cant remember what version it was. Does anyone remember and where to download it?

For some reason, when I watch some channel and start the recording i get codec error after a few seconds. I guess something got messed when I installed the Dolby Atmos from Microsoft Store so I guess I need to reinstall.

8. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    You almost certainly need to restore MSSQLLite, which MS have removed in recent builds of windows 10.

The easiest way to do that is to download my add-on or standalone multi tool from technodevotee.co.uk.

The add-on needs to be unzipped into the WMC installer folder so that the CMD files are all together and the BAT files are all together in the bin folder below.

The WMC multi tool needs to be unzipped into a folder on a local drive with a short path without spaces.

9. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    run wmc_multi_tool.cmd from within c:\wmc-v8.8.4\wmc_multi_tool and select the option to reinstate MSSQLLite in the menu that opens.

I assume you unblocked the zip file before extracting it?

10. Linux_92

Linux_92 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2016
    no, how to unblock this?

11. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    you can unblock the files already in the folder by starting powershell as administrator, typing in gci -r "c:\wmc-v8.8.4\wmc_multi_tool" | unblock-file and hitting enter

alternatively,
    1. Right-click on the zip file and select Properties from the menu.
    2. Click Unblock on the General tab.
    3. Click OK
    4. unzip the file to the same location and allow it to overwrite everything.
    edit:
    Forget all of that, I forgot that I unblock the files in the command file

12. Linux_92

Linux_92 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2016
    i downloaded zip file (multitool)
    i unblock this fro general tab over proprietries
    i estract this but diagnostic tell me "access denied"
    but the files are extracted anyway

13. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    That's OK, you should be able to run the wmc_multi_tool.cmd and choose restore MSSQLLite

14. Linux_92

Linux_92 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2016
    #10219 Linux_92, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    now work,
    wmc start correctly. thank you very much!
    i will check if tv worked properly.
    edit:
    the tv works almost perfect and also the multiple recording
    thank you very very MUCH!!

15. technodevotee

Sep 18, 2015
    you are welcome.

Note that some of the other options aren't needed (and don't even work) with V8.8.4.