[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. Blue-Screen

Blue-Screen MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2020
    no ideas?!

2. j.c.f.

j.c.f. MDL Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Beg to differ, I did it and it worked. The coax is a UHF modulated antenna grade signal that has both SD and HD channels available in it. Anything that's designed to be plugged into antenna like an HDHomeRun can be plugged into the antenna output on cable boxes as well as genuine antennas. Other SiliconDust products may not be capable of doing so but the HDHomeRuns I have definitely are.

3. j.c.f.

j.c.f. MDL Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Ooh, I'm just reading that the source code to XP and a few other things was just leaked on 4chan, if we're really lucky that includes the source code for WMC...

4. ShamblerDK

ShamblerDK MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Any chance for a 32-bit version?

5. DJdonmaton

DJdonmaton MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2016
    x86 version, links down :c

6. brookedow

brookedow MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2016
    #10286 brookedow, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Deleted

7. ChrisJohn

ChrisJohn MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    Hello. I have installed Windows 10 20H2 update and then reinstalled WMC using WMC_V13. I have run the dll and sql tools and WMC now loads and runs just as before except I have lost the ability download the Guide. It has worked OK with every release up until now but I am getting messages about there being no internet connection. The setup network connection tests OK. Any advice please?

8. mmortal03

mmortal03 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2017
    When did you last have guide data? Microsoft phased out the guide data earlier this year. I wasn't aware of any remaining locations still receiving guide data. The most straight forward way to get guide data now requires that you to install and configure further software and sign up for a guide service. Many people use the program EPG123 along with a Schedules Direct subscription.

9. ChrisJohn

ChrisJohn MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    Here in the UK we have continued to get Freeview guide data. I know not why we still get it but I am just thankful that we do. Having reinstalled WMC after updating Win 10 to the 20H2 October release version using both the alternative v8 installer and the v13 ones WMC runs OK but I cannot get the automatic guide download to work with either install version. The log shows a connection is made but it is immediately terminated with the message:
    Failed to retrieve Directory (Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.)
    Any suggestions would be welcomed.

10. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    you were probably using ota guide data which is for 7 days only.
    i use that along with DVBGuide, as ota guide data doesn't do the HD channels, along with epg123 for mapping all channels to DVBGuide's data

11. ChrisJohn

ChrisJohn MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes, thanks for your reply. I think that you are correct. I had never realised that before. Does the OTA data just arrive automatically without having to use the Download facility? I just map the Guide contents for the SD channels to the HD channels and that suits my requirements.

To be fair I tend to either watch TV live in a background window when I am working on other things on my desktop or schedule WMC to record films and commercial TV programmes so that I can use VideoReDo to remove the adverts saving them as MP4 to watch on my larger screen TV later uninterrupted by the annoyingly repetitive adverts. I have a twin tuner TV recorder which I use for the non advert channels. I shall continue to use WMC as long as folk much cleverer than I tweak whatever is required to keep it working. I can live without a functioning EPG now that I know that the OTA data is available.

12. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    the data comes from the data stream "TS"of a tv channel when u watch a channel
    there are several muxs that cater for different channels.
    you will need to watch a channel for a while, check the guide data for empty channels
    switch to the empty channel
    rince and repeat

13. Aaron Chavez

Aaron Chavez MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2020
    I downloaded v12 from the links given in the first post (not from a third party), but it's not working for me. I'm also noticing that some people are talking about a v13? Could someone direct me to the post that has the download for v13?

14. Bigal

Bigal MDL Member

Mar 4, 2011
    need more info than "but it's not working for me"
    what version of windows, what steps you took etc etc

15. ManS-H

ManS-H MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2007
    Hello, Since last week i have problems with my Anysee tuners. I see only four stations om my WMC. Is the some one in the Netherlands who can help me with a NL_5555.TPL list for Ziggo?

16. warp10

warp10 MDL Novice

May 8, 2008
    Hello everyone. Just wanted to report that WMC 8.8.5 is working fine here on Windows 10 20H2 (19042.572) (US OTA - Hauppauge DualTV tuner)

Thanks to Kévin, T-S, and everyone else who made this possible!

17. PakalDVT

PakalDVT MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2020
    Looking for x86 download link (all down)...

Tks :)

18. Kataclisman

Kataclisman MDL Novice

May 19, 2016
    hello, there's a way to watch 4k live tv channels?