[DISCUSSION] Patch WMC to run on Windows 10 final & possible alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ricktendo64, May 8, 2015.

1. tricolis

tricolis MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    Does anyone have the netflix add on?

2. RDaniel

RDaniel MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    Hey abbodi1406, first of all let me thank you and the other members for the wonderful work you have done so far on this project.

I used your v7 patch to install WMC on a Windows 10 laptop (still running 10.240 version, upgraded from legitimate Windows 7 Home). It all went on fine, except one thing: the 3 "sc" commands in your "install" batch file did not go through, since another "sc.exe" program was obviously found in the path, preceding "sc.exe" in "system32" folder.

I managed to run the three "sc" commands by opening a second Admin Command Prompt window and running them after first substituting "sc" with "c:\windows\system32\sc" and it all went fine. WMC is installed and working as expected so far (just could not setup the speakers).

I don't know if anyone else has stumbled upon this before. Oh, also, i get a few complaints upon arrival to the desktop about "VUAgent.exe" and "InternetWrapper.exe" being unable to start correctly (error 0xc000007b). Any idea as to what is causing this or how i could fix it?

3. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    #1723 spidernz, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Great! never used WMC for anything more than the live tv & recording.
    Guide has never worked for me had to use 3rd party app to inject it and sync with mobile i dont care for.
    As long as it can play and record tv fine then great! :)

4. ManS-H

ManS-H MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2007
    @dejong12,

When i select the normal channels i haven't any problems, but did i select the HD channels screen is freezing. Same problem when i use LAV filters.
    My question, did you have any problems with HD channels?

5. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I have problems with a notebook equipped with an intel HD vga.

Thatàs has nothing to do with the patch. That pc freezes in HD also with a real win 8.1 WMC installation. Itàs a driver problem.

6. tricolis

tricolis MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    I got it to work but the problem i am having with it. I have to reopen it to get it to start recording. I have the timer set to record some shows and it will not work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? At times it still doesnt recored. Its like it records when it wants too. Let me know

Thanks

7. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Just read back the thread. The argument was discussed many times. Basically you need to add the network service to the administrators group

8. tricolis

tricolis MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2015
    Thanks i will give that a try. and let u know if it doesnt work

9. DavidinCT

DavidinCT MDL Addicted

May 9, 2015
    Anyone have any luck running cablecard stuff ? I wish we could get it working....

10. Tree 5

Tree 5 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2015
    If we follow these steps from Microsoft, will cable card work?

Method 1
    Play ready will not update if the date is wrong. I suggest you to check if the system date and time is correct.

Method 2
    Turn off your firewall settings temporarily and check if you are able to update.
    Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 3

Open up Windows "Services" via
    Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. With Media Center Open and Showing "The PlayReady update was incomplete. Do you want to try again?" Go to the "Services" panel you just opened and scroll all the way down to "Windows Media Center Receiver Services", double click on it, then click "Stop"

Navigate to the ReadyPlay HIDDEN folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady) and then delete the mspr.hds file.

Go back to the STILL OPEN & RUNNING, Media Center and click "Yes" and "Next" to the Update PlayReady question. It should immediately zip past and say update complete & you can watch and record copy protected.

Perform these methods and let us know if you need further assistance. I will be glad to help you.

11. SinSharks

SinSharks MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2015
    Did you try phrunts suggestion from page 168?

12. ElDiabl0

ElDiabl0 MDL Junior Member

May 31, 2011
    I think that the problem lie with the PBDA components that integrate with the DTV-DVD decoder, because they haven't been removed from the OS but anything that was specifically related to WMC is no longer needed and was most likely removed from it.

If you use graphstudio to render a WTV file on Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 without Media Center you already see a difference even though WMC isn't present in either OS and it looks like CPFilters.dll might be one of the breaking points.

When it comes to the DTV-DVD Decoder not working without WMC in 8.1 or the DVD player app in Win10 is because in 8.1 it checks the SKU and only allows DVD/TV playback if you have media center and in Windows 10 it queries the APP repository to see if you have the DVD player APP before it allows DVD playback. It doesn't need WMC or the DVD player app to work, it's just a restriction.

13. The Mac

The Mac MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2015
    has anyone tried in a win7 VM under 10?

14. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
  15. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
  16. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    I did patched codec check in ehuihlp.dll :g:

17. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I'm going to try to reset the configuration, to see what happens.

18. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

No. If I reset the configuration I don't get the TV config wizard.

I have an idea, can you post ehuihlp.dll untouched on the codec part?

In the meantime I'm trying to add the mediacenter SKU to see if, with the actual files I get the tv wizard.