[DISCUSSION] Problems with Windows 10 (1703 RS2) Build 15063

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JBenal, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    I already did that. Was the firewall removed?

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #202 endbase, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #204 Tiger-1, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    @MrMagic Hi well I try explain how to I understand definition of boot: first I turn on pc of waiting O.S. load and done for imediate use for example open Firefox for me this interval of time is 2 or 3 seconds;maybe I still are wrong dude if yes please warn me:confused: and hibernation is disabled by c:\Windows\System32\powercfg /H off @admin :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kewkie

kewkie MDL Member

Dec 10, 2014
    #206 kewkie, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    No idea what happened. My first guess was because of KMS Spico or some tools such as O&O ShutUp10 / W10Privacy, but no error after applying both tools on a fresh install, the very last thing I did was using "Privazer" (which is currently running from a restored backup - takes a bit..), but can a system cleaner such as Privazer cause such issues?

Edit: my best guess now: it is because of privazer. After cleaning again from my restored image and rebooting I have the exact same issue. For some deeper knowledge it would be interesting to know why this happens. Might test too with ccleaner if it also locks me out and gives me the same issue.

Edit2: yep, ccleaner gives me the exact same issue after cleaning. So system cleaners causing issues, at least for me in the creators update.

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I just gave it a quick look, it messed up my settings (enabled hibernation), eventhough I used a portable version and did not clean anything, just performed a scan. :sneaky:

I would suspect cleaning - System - CryptnetUrlCache - might have something to with it. Well after all Privazer is as good as Iobit products and that is not a compliment.

Privazer is like HDD destroyer, is stresses HDD for several hours, for what purpose, to clean a few KB of files? I have got the same results with other cleaners within seconds.

6. kewkie

kewkie MDL Member

Dec 10, 2014
  7. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    So what is the consensus here? Is it a good idea to disable the Windows Defender Security Center service or not?

I am using NOD32 for the AV and the built in Windows Firewall

8. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    No, because it is not WD, it is Health Center (something like Action Center), it is unfortunate MS named it like that and mixed it with WD's GUI, since WD is only 1/5 of it. :glare:

9. kewkie

kewkie MDL Member

Dec 10, 2014
  10. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Got it disabled here with the same setup, NOD32 and Windows Firewall

11. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Thanks a lot bro!

12. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
  13. olokos

olokos MDL Novice

May 22, 2011
    #215 olokos, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Bumpin, tried 3 different isos already.

//EDIT Out of nowhere I randomly tried installing the update today, just to give it another go when I was away. To my surprise, it worked no problem. It seems like it was just a matter of time for M$ to fix the problem on our side.

14. Polska

Polska MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    Am I the only one who have dragging lags with Microsoft Office 2016?

This happens to me when I select a blank document; I press on the window top tile and when I try to move it to somewhere else, it has a wierd slow reaction, like input lag or something like that. I've tried two different Creators editions (Pro & Enterprise). Also, no recent Office's updates fixed this.

(I have all my drivers up-to-date, and pretty good specs)

15. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    If you are using OneDrive, right click on its taskbar icon, go to settings, and disable Ofice Sync from the last tab, your files will still sync fine

16. Windows 10 User

Feb 2, 2017
    #218 Windows 10 User, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Every time I click in "Create new ISO file" in Win10PE SE (2017-02-02) the process crashes in the beginning stating:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\Win10PESE\mkisofs.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win10PESE] Directory name is not valid.

How can I solve this? It doesn't matter what I select or not, in which location the files were extracted (the ISO and the program ones) and which PC I try.

Also, after I used MSMG ToolKit and installed Windows 10 the Pictures, Videos, Downloads and Music folders are not in my native language but in english!

EDIT: I did a clean install and they are now in my native language again. Strange. It looks like they are in my native language some times and in english other times... Oh, and I finally managed to uninstall the Xbox app for good. I did a clean install, installed all the Office 2016 Professional Plus programs (including OneDrive for Business and Skype for Business. I had a different version which didn't let me chose which programs I wanted to install) and afterwards I removed the Xbox apps (I don't know why only one of them appear in Start Menu) with CCleaner. After that I restarted the PC and for some reason I still had the Xbox app. I removed it again with the help of CCleaner, restarted the PC and it didn't appear in Start Menu nor in Apps & Features. It doesn't even appear in Start Menu if I write its name.

EDIT 2: I did another clean install and this time I installed all but OneDrive for Business and Skype for Business and I couldn't remove the Xbox app from Apps & Features (only from Start Menu with a PowerShell command and it still appeared in it if I wrote its name)...

17. P40L0

P40L0 MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones is bugged, it can not be selected anymore after 1 Day Trial, even after purchase (15$). Selecting it from "Spatial Audio" tab in Audio settings revert the choice to None.

It seems both Dolby and Microsoft are trying to find a solution, but for now it just doesn't work.

18. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012