[DISCUSSION] Problems with Windows 10 (1703 RS2) Build 15063

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JBenal, Mar 26, 2017.

1. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    I uninstall all those trashy apps.
    BTW I am not having any of those problems OP mentioned. Maybe @oliverjia can wait a day for indexing to complete.

2. Nixeus

Nixeus MDL Member

Aug 14, 2009
    RTM should be available this week ? Or leaked ? I neeeed it :)

3. z0d_aWP

z0d_aWP MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2016
    Welp, what a downgrade as usual, slowly incapacitating the OS like crApple :sneaky:
    Look at that properties window ugh !!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Funny, most of us have been running it for the best part of a week already

5. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Guys, please confirm whether or not you have the non-responding issue when doing search via start menu? This happens on all the computers that I installed RS2 on, I wonder what could potentially cause the problem.

I used the ESD decryptor by abbodi1406 v28. The ESD-ISO was completed successfully.

6. DontuZoru

DontuZoru MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2014
    The ''Search'' is bugged in this build. For example, if i type ''Cleanmgr'' the app appears but it is not clickable, same goes for the ''Optimize and defrag''. Why is that ? Any solutions ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    one bug I noticed, the Start Menu is buggy, you uncheck/hide all the default apps then start adding your own, after a reboot, it sets back to only showing the Windows Store App and Microsoft Edge

I just installed Classic Shell eventually but I don't think this is a final build.

8. DontuZoru

DontuZoru MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2014
    It is final, but it needs a big CU to fix some annoying bugs.

9. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    The only issue I have encountered before going back to Anniversary was when I close my laptop when I opened it again the screen was blank/blank and I had to do a forced shutdown this was with an inplace upgrade from mounted ISO. I did not notice anything else but I only had it for 2 days. I am glad I did a clean install however since this time around AU is working better than last clean install and I no longer am getting Event 15 ACPI warnings in Even logs.

10. Olliw

Olliw MDL Member

Mar 17, 2010
    #30 Olliw, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Clean install of Windows 10 1703, iso created from esd.

- Start menu shortcuts for normal programs don't show up in the start menu.
    - Can't pin non-windows-store-apps to start menu. Like Chrome, Spotify etc
    - Shortcuts placed in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\_shortcut wont work with ctrl + alt + letter shortcuts.
    - Programs pinned to taskbar disappear after restart

11. gsmmania

gsmmania MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2009
    Control panel 15063

How open Control panel in build 15063 ?
    Alt+X already haven't Control panel menu, only Settings

12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Read the 15063 thread

13. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
  14. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Appears Microsoft needs to push out a big ZDP upon GA day for v1703.
    Annoying issues in Creators Update like these, although small, could really hurt users' experience with this new update.

15. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #35 MonarchX, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Creator's Update - Cortana is here to stay...

Any of my attempts to remove or even fully disable Cortana in Creator's Update results in messed up Start Menu and plehora of other issues, including non-functional DISM RestoreHealth system, which refuses to find source files no matter what, although some say that is the case even without any tweaks applied (Insider Build issue). SFC ScanNow can restore Cortana, but doing so does not resolve any problems caused by the original removal of Cortana...

This is just an FYI from my tweaking experience. Removal of all else Store-related and almost all other tweaks that worked for Anniversary Edition seem to work just fine in Creator's Update.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #1. Not sure what you did, but i would recommend to wait till tools get updated for full new build compatibility. The 15063 release is still pretty fresh. In my test only the search isn't working after removing cortana components, no wonder, since they are bundled.

#2. Dism error is unrelated and appears even on vanilla installs. Most likely it refers to the recources not being online at WU for now. Will change after GA.

17. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #37 RanCorX2, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    install wim tweak gets rid of cortana no probs on 1703, still got functional menu.

Code:
    install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Cortana-Package /r
    install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Cortana-PAL-Desktop-Package /r

18. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
  19. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    15063.0 RS2 color settings in fullscreen problem

Hi!

I just wanted to ask if it's just me that have problem with color profile in fullscreen (like a movie with MPC) it resets to orginal?

This happens when i use a profile in windows color management and also in Nvidia settings.

Never have this problem in RS1.

20. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Yet another start menu bug on the Creators Update

When I go to Settings then to the Start Menu Settings then select which folders appear on Start, I select all of them

then I check my start menu, none are there. If I go back to the settings, they are all unchecked.

This 1703 build IMO is not RTM, not even BETA, more like Alpha :rolleyes: