[DISCUSSION] Problems with Windows 10 (1703 RS2) Build 15063

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JBenal, Mar 26, 2017.

1. darth victor

darth victor MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2016
    Advanced sizing and text of other items

does anyone know how to get to this setting? I cant seem to find a way in this build to be able to "change only the text size". I want to change the icon font size to "7" ? Please help.

2. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    The only issue I have so far is on an older ThinkPad (X201) where the Intel Graphics Driver (it's 1st generation Core i5 HD-Graphics) keeps crashing when it wakes up from Standby (unfortunately, no specific error info in event log). This didn't happen on 1607. The only available driver since Windows 8+ is the one from Windows Update. Yeah, it's relatively old hardware, so I think I have to deal with it for now. I'm glad this is not my daily driver machine. :D

Apart from that: 1703 is not running worse than 1607, but not running better either. I can't really tell a difference.

3. Full inu

Full inu MDL Addicted

Jun 9, 2015
    Same problem here with Intel HD Graphics driver for Arrandale processors.
    Funny but this problem present in 10240 Windows, but was fixed (for me) with first cumulative update - and now they reintroduce this problem again!

4. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    can you tell me what is the exact model of the Intel HD Graphics you have?

I am using this driver: Intel HD Graphics 630 Driver v21.20.16.4565

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Start > Settings > System > Display: use the slider to make things larger.

For further adjustment of specific items, e.g. text:
    > Advanced display settings > Advanced sizing of text and other items
    In the new dialogue box that appears, you can adjust individual items.

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #86 Nucleus, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. oceansalt

oceansalt MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2017
    After C.U. (15063), Cannot Disable Full Row Select

(Firstly, I'm sorry my bad english. Also, unfortunately, I can't send example screenshots, links, video-demo(my post message number is low).

Until Windows Build 15063, FolderOptionsX could disable full row select of filenames/icons. I just upgraded Win 15063 than 14393. FolderOptionsX can't working anywore. Therefore, in now (15063), in the FileExplorer's View->Llist (CTRL SHIFT 5) mode, the entire column is selected, not only the filenames area. Filenames now highlighted in row sized instead of their own characters.

I tried many many tweaks(For example, HCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\ -> FFlags -FOLDERFLAGS enumeration- numbers).

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "FullRowSelect"=dword:00000000

Result: No change.

Can you confirm that FolderOptionsX no longer works and impossible to disable full-row selecting to filenames in View-> List (CTRL SHIFT 5) in Build 15063 (Creators Update)?

if so, I would like to thank Microsoft again for thinking that it makes Windows better by removing the existing features one by one in every new build.

8. Drakknar

Drakknar MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2008
    #88 Drakknar, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Windows 10 1703 RS2 - How I fixed my Start Menu problems

Hi all,
    I have recently installed Windows 10 1703 on all my PCs (clean, not upgrade), and on my laptop I had countless problems with the Start Menu. No matter what - and no matter how many times I reinstalled the OS from many different sources - after a while I couldn't pin items from Start to the taskbar - nothing would have happened - nor add or move any tiles in the Start Menu - it would continuously crash. I finally managed to solve the issue, so I thought to share the solution in the hope that the steps I made can alleviate some of the issues that people are experiencing with the Start Menu on the Creators Update.

After checking the Event Viewer, I found that there was a permission problem with the COM Server application with CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} (a.k.a. the ShellServiceHost). After editing the registry to gain the necessary permissions
    1. Open Regedit;
    2. Go to HKEY_Classes_Root\CLSID\{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52};
    3. Right click on the folder then select permissions;
    4. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators group. Also click the box that will appear below the owner line. ("Replace owner ...");
    5. Apply full control;
    6. Go to HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Classes\AppID\{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D};
    7. Right click on it then select permission;
    8. Click Advance and change the owner to Administrators group;
    9. Click the box that will appear below the owner line;
    10. Click Apply and grant full control to the Administrators group)
    I assigned launch and activation permissions to LOCAL Service and rebooted.
    1. Go to Administrative tools;
    2. Open component services;
    3. Click Computer, click my computer, then click DCOM;
    4. Look for the corresponding service that appears on the error viewer [ShellServiceHost];
    5. Right click on it then click properties;
    6. Click security tab then click Add User. Add Local Service then apply;
    7. Tick the Activate local box;
    After that, I was able to pin shortcuts to the taskbar and organise my Start Menu again :)

9. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
  10. Polo6RGTI

Polo6RGTI MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I also noticed the vertical icon spacing was different. Set the "IconVerticalSpacing" to -975 in the registry then just Sign out and Sign back in again. -975 is what I prefer, the value can be changed up or down till a desired position is found.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
    "IconVerticalSpacing"="-975"

11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    Is this the final version, which comes out April 11.:g:

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

Read and learn :tea:

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012

Are you kidding me in the morning while drinking coffee :tea:

14. P40L0

P40L0 MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    It's not morning for everyone, so I will answer: yes, 15063.0 ISO will be the same of official April 11th ISO, it just went out before for Insider (but you don't need to be one to download and install :D )

15. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    That's easy. Go to This PC, right click on the Document folder and choose properties from the context menu. Select the location tab and change the location to D:\documents. Hope that helps. Now the sad thing is, you can only associate one folder at a time. You can't combine multiple folders. When you clean install Windows 10 1703, also notice Libraries are hidden by default. Libraries are a Windows 7 features and that's about it.

16. kitsigns

kitsigns MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Awesome possum. All I needed to know is that I can change the default locations of Downloads, Docs, Pics, and Music so I don't have to sift through all the settings for every program to save files in the right places. You say it's a Windows 7 feature, and yet pretty much every program makes use of these folders. If they disappear entirely, every program is going to make their own folder for saving things. Would be a regression, IMO.

17. jurema

jurema MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2017
    How to change size letter bars title?...

...menu boxes..in Windows 10 RS10. With this new update has disappeared this much needed option. Does anyone know how to do it?. Thank you

18. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    In no way do not understand what you want to change. Maybe you put a picture or explained in more detail.