[DISCUSSION] SolusOS

Discussion in 'Linux' started by R29k, Sep 3, 2015.

1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi dude how are you I hope that fine :D interesting news thanks for the heads up :good3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #184 Tiger-1, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Hi missing friend... thanks for the heads up :good3:
    Edit: well when I try make download the ISO appear as option via torrent so as I have installed QBittorrent here normally Firefox open link to QBittorrent but this time my beloved application Adguard Premium warn to me this :eek: upload_2018-9-22_21-1-41.jpeg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Indeed, this website asks you if you wanna give some of your processing power to help them, that's why i never download torrents because of this, and that's pretty weird

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    It's how they make something for the download, I stopped using torrents years ago. If it isn't http I won't touch it!

6. ZeroDay

ZeroDay MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2019
    I'm sad to see Ikey has left the Solus project he is an amazing person and a great dev, I wish him all the very best for the future.

7. verndog

verndog MDL Novice

May 3, 2010
    My problem with Solus, is the way if forces you to install the kernel files inside the ESP partition. No other distro that I've used does it that way.
    Complains that my partition is too small. Which I'm not about to increase. My only thought of a solution, is to backup ESP, then clean if out.
    Install Solus. Then move all the kernel files back to where they belong; inside "/boot".

Then reinstall my original ESP partition. From Xubuntu grub.cfg point it to correct Solus linux files.
    The only foreseeable problem is on kernel updates, then I would have to do it all over again. Not worth the effort.

The systemd-boot is not what I want. Tried it on a Arch Linux install. When back to grub.