[DISCUSSION] The Best Browsers For Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Hadron-Curious, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glennsamuel32

glennsamuel32 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2012
    My friend, I use a Sager 5652 laptop ;);)

2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #62 Hadron-Curious, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    (OP)
    Sorry, my bad! I didn't see the battery icon at first not until I went back. That is powerful specs. A gaming laptop indeed.

3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I use ublock Origin practically since the day one, and I've used tampermonkey months ago w/o a single problem.

Remember that Vivaldi is build by the same people that introduced the Sync feature more than a decade ago and years before it was cloned by the other browser.

So yes it's pretty obvious that the Sync feature will come, hopefully, soon. Just like the long awaited email client.

But, given, unlike the other vendors, their purpose isn't to sell the user data, the sync feature is a delicate matter. It takes time to make the whole infrastructure to work properly, keeping it safe and trustworthy

Whatever sync isn't an issue at all right now.

If you trust them there are already a zillion of third party extensions that works perfectly (say the Dolphin extension), and a "ghetto" sync is pretty easy to obtain using a personal cloud folder, rsync or whatever.

4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Vivaldi is not so much different from other Chromium open source browsers without little costumization. In comparison I find UCBrowser to be more flexible.

5. MewtwosTrainer

MewtwosTrainer MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2016
    I personally like Edge, but in the recent releases, it's been slow as molasses, so I keep Chrome around for situations like that. Edge has some features I like such as web notes.

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I experience improvement in the most recent release of Microsoft Edge. If you aren't running the Microsoft Edge version 38.14393.0.0 you can update it now. Google Chrome is a good browser but it uses more of the system resources to accomplish the performance. I still prefer Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome though.

7. coolstar

coolstar MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2010
    I have down load and installed Vivaldi.1.3.551.28 32bit on win 7 and Dailymotion video have same hiccups problem.:(

8. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    #70 Ace2, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    The best for me is Firefox with ONLY these

Extenions:
    Code:
    anonymoX 
    uBlock Origin
    &

Plugins:
    Code:
    Shockwave Flash
    OpenH264 Vide Codec (Disabled)

NOTES:
    I only use Firefox browser on Windows 10 with a custom TOR setup, running as a Service.;)

9. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Sure.

I can't wait to block the American spyware from Chorme just to move to the Chinese spyware from ucbrowser.

And BTW if you find Vivaldi the same as other browsers you have no idea about what Vivaldi is.

10. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I like your ingenuity to demonize any browser that is not Vivaldi. I don't know UCBrowser is a Spyware and this is my first time of hearing about that. It is owned by Alibaba. You are overrating Vivaldi on security ground. Epic browser is more superior to Vivaldi in that area.

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I Never demonized Opera 12.:D

It's still by far the best browser out there. And is the browser that introduced practically everything of useful is present in any modern browsers, who cloned them sooner or later.

Tab navigation, gestures, speed dial, remote sync, voice control, adaptive resize, spatial navigation, web panels...

the list is so long that is hard to remember it even for the actual Vivaldi employers

(Edge, just to make an example, started to have the Paste and Go feature more than a decade after it was invented in the Opera labs).

Vivaldi just aims to do a browser even better than Opera. They are halfway the road in that. For now Vivaldi is better than everything except Opera12.

Some opera features will never surface again given the limitations of the Chromium engine and the constant efforts made by Google to remove features on each Cr release.

12. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Without doubt Opera is a good quality browser. It's still not lightweight and flexible enough for me to work with. Despite saying that it's very good on mobile devices than personal computer(just my opinion). Meanwhile, Microsoft Edge defines what modern browers should aspire to be - with built-in PDF reader, possible annotation and share web files with the Web Note,it is fast, less pressure on the system resources, etc. Let's be clear, it is still a browser in progress and has achieved those in a short time.

Vivaldi is a good browser too. I tried it several times when you first mentioned it in another thread in this forum. I like it but I am not completely impressed by the too many sides to costumization, i.e to get to the Settings can be done through many different ways which is supposed to be a single process. Vivaldi is excessively featured with trivialities in some aspect of it to what is necessarily required in a browser. It's like too much bling bling to me! :biggrin:

13. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Cyberfox....:D

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Why do you use Cyberfox? I will try and download it to see how good it is.

15. glennsamuel32

glennsamuel32 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2012
    hmmm...our Vivaldi spokesperson is banned ?? :eek::eek:

16. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    yeah edge isn't that bad, used to be on firefox with a zillion extensions but it was way too memory hungry, even if you disabled all the addons.