[DISCUSSION] UUP dump - download Windows 10/11 UUPs with ease

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by whatever127, Sep 2, 2017.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Not if you use SkipEdge =2
    supported for Win 10 only

2. Eurojo

Eurojo MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2020
    Hi MDL Members,
    Is it me or the UUDump site is down ?
    Thanks

3. privatesir

privatesir MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2016
    Thanks. Is this known for breaking something in the system or third party apps?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Moved to the Projects and Applications sub-forum; left a redirect in the Windows 10 section as well.

5. Diego F.

Diego F. MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2020
    #4707 Diego F., Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    @abbodi1406
    Okay, I thought the download errors were due to the aria2c file not downloading some packages. But if I run the script several times, will the files that downloaded correctly be overwritten? or will it only try to download the files that showed ERROR?
    Thanks for the link. It is very useful information.
    Ok. So, even if I modify the CustomAppsList file to choose the desired apps, all the apps will be downloaded anyway, I understand. But the desired apps will be added in the process of creating the ISO file? and when I install Windows only the apps I chose will be there?
    Thank you, I understand.
    Thanks, this is also interesting

6. Paul Mercer

Paul Mercer MDL Expert

Apr 6, 2018
    #4708 Paul Mercer, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    aria2c will only download missing files (or corrupted ones)

yes, only desired apps will be added during conversion

8. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    SkipISO = 1 (A personal choice, I find it easier), basically when running convert-UUP.cmd instead of an ISO file being created, what you get instead is a folder containing your setup files
    (A Distribution/Installation Folder.... which I use for upgrading my OS... the contents of which can also be copied directly to a Bootable USB for other installation purposes)

vSkipISO = 1 does the same thing but is used in the creation of Virtual Editions, of which Enterprise is one...

Indeed... apologies if that wasn't made clear in my original post.
    Of course, it may not be necessary in your case, it is used to circumvent issues with SSL handshaking (which some have, myself included) that can cause the download to fail completely.

9. Diego F.

Diego F. MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2020
    Thanks, I understand. But in my case, the ISO file is needed to be able to mount it with Rufus on my PC which is not compatible with Windows 11, and Rufus may skip some features like secure boot and TPM in mounting the ISO.

As you saw in the attached image in my previous post, I also have download errors. But @abbodi1406 says I have to run the script several times to download the missing or corrupted files.

10. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    @Diego F.

You could try downloading the missing files manually by using the URL listed after each error
    You would then use the file rename .cmd provided on the UUP Dump site (Show all files)
    Place the renamed files in the UUPs folder and you should be good to go... did it this way when I was having similar issues previously

... but admit I haven't had these issues since applying the edits--check-certificate=false (lines 74, 92) to the uup-download-windows.cmd script

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I also have to set connections to one file at a time here. It is slower, but much more reliable. Usually, everything comes down on the first try, and I can do something else, meanwhile.

12. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    Instead of doing that, have you tried limiting the aria2c download bandwidth a bit?

I have a friend that when he runs download-uup, he gives a lot of download errors. I told him that there were no errors for me. We live close by and use the same provider. So we consider the internet bandwidth we have available. My band is 85mbps and his is 1gbps. So I suggested the limitation, through an argument in the aria2c command, to 35mbps and it solved it. He must have done tests to find out what the maximum limit of bandwidth he could use without being cut off by MS's limitation of bandwidth and requests, for the same IP. I believe there is that kind of limitation. And, it takes a short period of time for the IP to be released again, it seems to me that it is related to demand at the time we are doing our downloads.

"%aria2%" --no-conf --log-level=info --log="aria2_download.log" -o"%aria2Script%" --allow-overwrite=true --max-download-limit=35M --auto-file-renaming=false "http......

There is limitation for upload
    --max-upload-limit=10M
    But that's not the case here.

This might be useful for you.

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Will try next time, thanks. Also have 1Gbps+ connection.

14. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Microsoft.MicrosoftTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe is not included with UUP

Microsoft.MicrosoftTeamsforSurfaceHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe is different, as the name suggest

15. Diego F.

Diego F. MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2020
    Ah, ok. I understand, I have tried to edit the file by adding --check-certificate=false, but in my case it doesn't work, I keep getting errors. So I will have to try downloading the files manually from the uup dump site. By the way, thanks for the tutorial mate, I will take it into account. :animatedwink: