[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10130

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WardocsRevenge, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009

Attached Files:

• 7533.jpg
      7533.jpg
      File size:
      116.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    You have to install the new driver before Microsoft does with the old one. It that case, it is a matter of time.

3. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    The only way to do it is to disconnect from the net when installing fresh build. But after upgrade, old version is back and there is no way to get rid of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I installed the new drivers directly from Realtek (2.78), it installed drivers dated 5-22, then I rebooted. Then I went into the device manager and forced it to check for a driver update and Windows Update then installed dated drivers 5-26 with version ending in 7520.

When I first rebooted the computer, after installing the drivers from Realtek, it tried to install the drivers again but I simply ignored that and closed it out. I then went into WU and updated the drivers, no problem to 7520 by forcing it to do a "Update Driver Software" check. If I simply removed the old drivers, it would then re-install the old drivers. It wasn't difficult to figure out how to force the new drivers...

5. ashish.k

ashish.k MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2014
    #1007 ashish.k, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Here's a script to disable driver updates through Windows Update in Windows 10 Preview Builds, run as admin. People may install their own drivers after this.

Copy and paste the code below on notepad and save the file with a .vbs extension. Run using elevated cmd.
    Code:
    'This script can be used to hide a driver if it is causing problems on your machine, you have uninstalled it, and you want to prevent Windows Update from reinstalling it
    Set updateSession = CreateObject("Microsoft.Update.Session")
    updateSession.ClientApplicationID = "MSDN Sample Script to Hide drivers"

WScript.Echo "This script allows you to 'hide' selected drivers so Windows Update will not auto-install them" & vbCr & vbLf & _
      "This is not normally recommended, but can be used for troubleshooting or support" & vbCr & vbLf & _
      "Note: This script must be run elevated (run as admin) to work properly - else (un)hiding will fail with a cryptic error message" & vbCr & vbLf & vbLf & _
      "Searching for applicable drivers..."

'Find all applicable drivers
    Set updateSearcher = updateSession.CreateupdateSearcher()
    Set searchResult = updateSearcher.Search("IsInstalled=0 and Type='Driver'")
    If searchResult.Updates.Count = 0 Then
       WScript.Echo "No applicable drivers..."
       WScript.Quit
    End If

'Cycle through applicable drivers and offer to (un)hide each one
    For i = 0 To searchResult.Updates.Count-1
       Set update = searchResult.Updates.Item(i)
       currentState = "(currently not hidden)"
       If (update.IsHidden <> 0) Then
         currentState = "(currently hidden)"
       End If
       WScript.Echo "Type 'y' and then hit Enter to hide update " & update.Title & " " & currentState & ": "
       hide = WScript.StdIn.Readline
       If hide = "y" Then
         If (update.IsHidden <> 1) Then
           update.IsHidden = 1
         End If
       Else
         If (update.IsHidden <> 0) Then
           update.IsHidden = 0
         End If
       End If  
    Next

6. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I think there is something screwy with their 10130 iso file. Up to this point and even with a converted esd iso from 10130 and the same for 10135, I had simply been able to extract the iso using 7-zip and obtain a bootable usb stick. Not so with the published 10130 iso.

Rufus took care of the problem but had not been needed with any other iso to this point.

7. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #1009 Skaendo, Jun 13, 2015
    I tried to extract it in Linux with ark and all I got was a text file that said:
    Code:
    This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
    that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.
    7z wouldn't touch it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    In Windows, If you stuck that ISO image in a virtual CD/DVD emulator, you should be able to read it directly.
    Maybe WinCDemu and Adaptec's UDF driver.

Just a thought...

:MJ

9. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #1011 burfadel, Jun 13, 2015
    What version of 7-Zip did you try? Admittedly I haven't downloaded the new ISO, when I reinstalled 10130 after 10135 major woes earlier today I relied on a saved copy of the 10130 conversion ESD.

Anyways, 7-Zip does have UDF ISO reading capability, maybe Microsoft has done something to it? I guess you could always mount the ISO in Windows 8.1/10 (mounting is built in for 8.1/10) and copy the files over to your USB flash drive as per usual.

The latest version of 7-Zip is 15.04 (alpha).

10. Pyr0

Pyr0 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2008
    Has anyone had any problems waking their computer from sleep on this build?
    I had zero problems with older builds, but 10130 always seems to wake with a corrupted screen, forcing me to have to restart

11. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    here pc wont goes to sleep

12. geddeeee

geddeeee MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    Try Win RAR... Works fine...

13. mindwarped

mindwarped MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2012

Mine will not wake up, not with mouse, keyboard, or power button. I have to pull the plug them hit the power button. It then boots to the windows logo and shuts down. Hit power again and it boot normally

14. Wingfat

Wingfat MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    Why is "Photos Background Task Host" using 15.2% of my CPU (out of 27% total) When I have no photos nor do I sync photos with One drive?
    Build 10130

15. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Any one get a bug on with quick access / desktop with windows 10 adding the This PC icons to your desktop and they will come and go ?

16. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    try build 10135 sleep problem fixed on that I just reverted to 10130 because I prefer to be on fbl impressive branch with en-gb

17. jygoro

jygoro MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I'm tired of unpinning repeated things. Maybe it's a buggy upgrade. Didn't try with clean install.

bug.png

18. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009