[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10130

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WardocsRevenge, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Since "Sleep Mode" is tied in with a physical function of the hardware, I think its sometimes a hardware issue myself. I have had sleep issues every since I have had this Motherboard of mine. Sometimes it wakes just fine, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it wakes but sits at a blank screen and I have to restart to get it working. Sleep hasn't been a nice feature for me, so I rarely use it.

2. jygoro

jygoro MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I can't believe they released this build for the slow ring. The ugly System memory leak is still there and it eats like a 1 Gb of RAM after using the PC for 6 hours or so. In a PC low on RAM it makes everything unusable after a while.

memleak.png

3. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I can confirm this, although on my machine it was using much more CPU. I only noticed this on one occasion and was solved with a reboot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    #1024 damianfox, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    I have noticed something with 10130 that ive never seen in Windows before.

After about 24hours from clean install of 10130 when left at idle the HD activity light will flash really fast like its accessing the SSD full speed, It will do this for 10min then go off for 5min then start again, its like a loop of some kind, VERY odd, Its been doing this for over 2hours !, When i move the mouse to get rid of the screen saver this HD/SSD accessing stops.

Anyone know what this weird oddity is ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RGadelha

RGadelha MDL Expert

Feb 14, 2010
    I cannot find it on my machine, it's not even running. :eek:

6. geddeeee

geddeeee MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    That service is part of the AMD Driver from WU.

I had the same thing. Once I installed the AMD 15.5 Beta driver, it went away....

7. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The build was fine also i did a clean install so its this build that has the problem.

8. Warmonger

Warmonger MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Windows does all of its indexing and prefetching when the machine is idle to avoid performance impacts for the user while using the machine.

9. thessalonik

thessalonik MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014

Can you please describe what "indexing" is?

10. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I don't think its indexing its something else, For starters why would it take 2+ hours and still not be done, I was playing eve online left for a drink came back and it was doing it again while I was in the game lol

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I remember something in power settings that screen saver is some how connected to doing tasks when it kicks in maybe look there :tea:

12. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    btw indexing on a ssd should be disabled for 2 reasons: it's useless because ssd is fast enough, indexing causes useless wearout because of constant writing and and moving files.

13. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I just wanted to make a correction on this. That service isn't related to AMD chipsets because mine is entirely Intel. I assume that the service relates to indexing pictures in the background for the modern/metro Photos app. That's just a guess though. It doesn't seem to be running all the time and I had only witnessed it on one occasion.

14. geddeeee

geddeeee MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    I meant AMD/ATI graphics.... I'm on a Intel Core i5 system.

I traced that particular service back to an .EXE running from the the Catalyst folder. Go figure.....

15. abobobilly

abobobilly MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    Guys! Quick question about ESD Decrypter.

While making ISO, whats the difference between the "Compressed" (Option 2) and "Standard" (Option 1)? Obviously compressed will reduce the size, but is there any other thing I should know? Because previously, i have created some compressed ISOs, which failed to install, but i am guessing it might have been due to some other problem, not because of this Compressed vs Standard thingy.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Compressed should mean install.esd is used, else it's decompressed to install.wim.

Normally it should install fine. Only problems i had so far were with converted ESDs from WIM files, but this one is originally delivered as ESD.

NOTE: install.esd cannot be maintained like a WIM, only 'applied'.

17. abobobilly

abobobilly MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    I am sorry, i really didn't understand any of this :S

If there any way you could dumb it down for me, please? Like, i don't even know the basic difference between install.wim and install.esd :S

18. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    install.esd = highly compressed (sometimes encrypted) install.wim with ~25% less size

This file contains the actual Windows that will be unpacked to HDD/SSD during setup and then gets initialized.

19. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    anyone has this weird blank process issue in this build?? Or is it a virus on my PC? I didn't have this on earlier builds

Capture.PNG