[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10130

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WardocsRevenge, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I have it too. Right clicking it and selecting "Properties" it says its "svchost.exe"

2. RGadelha

RGadelha MDL Expert

Feb 14, 2010
    Me too, svchost.exe.

3. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    me too same file, must be a bug, feedback sent

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Anybody else got the AMD drivers from windows trough WU again I had them yesterday after that I have installed the beta driver from AMD and voila today they where here again :eek:

amd.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I have dug up some more details on this and it's resolved on my machines now.

• Open the modern Settings app, go to System - Default Apps - For Photo Viewer, switch default to the old Windows Photo Viewer
    • Open modern Photos app, click on Settings - Uncheck Automatically enhance my photos, uncheck searching for duplicates, uncheck show my photos and videos from OneDrive

Apparently there was a lot going on there behind the scenes. Automatically going through all photos and enhancing, searching for duplicates, and also checking on photos/videos from OneDrive. The Photos Background Task Host is responsible for all of that. Although some users have reported this high CPU usage even when they have no photos.

For me, switching default to old Windows Photo Viewer program was enough to fix the problem. But some users may need to also do the second suggestion as well which I did anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lquser

lquser MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2010
    And while talk about CPU, what I see. Because use Windows Defender as AV, if open media player, with or without play something, Defender begin to scan something in background and don't stop till I close it.

7. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Build 10136 will be released to fast according to Gabe.

8. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    10136 is for Phones.

9. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Thank you for that correction. I thought as much when there's no explanation from him.

10. michaelmyers

michaelmyers MDL Member

May 28, 2015
    Did you read through all the posts on his Twitter? He was clearly referring to 10136 for phones. Nowhere did he mention or even hint that he was talking about a PC build. The entire conversation on Twitter was focused around phone builds. Not trying to be rude, but you didn't read the entire thing or quoting someone else. Gabe made it very clear what was being talked about.

11. yousif

yousif MDL Member

Dec 14, 2013
    If they're going to release a new build that's only one number up from the previous leak I will quite the Insider program altogether! :mad:

12. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't think they care much about what leaks, to them it's six builds up..that said I'm sure it will be in the 140s or 150s by the time they release one.

13. KingD1

KingD1 MDL Member

Oct 2, 2014

As has been said, 10136 is for phone

14. LLStarks

LLStarks MDL Member

May 17, 2011
    You are demonstrating a huge lack of understanding as to how version control works.

Huge changes in one branch can be merged into the trunk and show up in the next build number.

15. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I wish I understand you correctly. However, before those entire post you are talking I have already read that twitter post by the moment he posted it. Trying to defend him here without finding out what prompted me to say that proves you are also guilty of the crime.

16. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    That is very funny. You can understand my feeling regarding my previous post prior to the correction. Why would I have to waste my time waiting for something already leaked in a sense?

17. aliakrep

aliakrep MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2012
  18. michaelmyers

michaelmyers MDL Member

May 28, 2015
    I have to say I'm very shocked to see how many "insiders" or people who come off as "technical" have very little understanding of how it works.

If you can't understand why an official insider build would have more features than a leaked build (or the other way around), even if the leak is newer, then go ahead and quit the insider program or quit using a computer completely. If you don't understand how there is different teams/branches within MS that each puts out their own builds, quit. If you can't understand why builds from different teams would be merged, quit. I'm serious.

Some of you also have zero freaking patience LMAO. Freaking out over the chance of a new build only being 1 number higher. You have no idea how much can change from that one build to another. Get a clue.

And these idiots trying to figure out ways to get a copy free if they don't have a legit 7 or 8 install. Something has completely gone over their heads:

"Insiders will be automatically upgraded to RTM when it's available"

Geez. What are you still able to sign up for? Take your time and figure it out. It's a big one.

19. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    you seem mad here have a snickers and get your adult back

20. PlaNed

PlaNed MDL Junior Member

Aug 23, 2009