[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10130

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WardocsRevenge, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrancëJay

TrancëJay MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2015
    In this build I get "critical process died" every ±2 hours.

This did not happen in 10074. I thought it would be hardware related, but I installed 8.1 in another partition and everything is fine.

Any tips?

2. milan90

milan90 MDL Junior Member

Sep 27, 2012
    High CPU usage when copying and after finished copy operation, File Explorer address bar become black and is unresponsive?
    Is this problem known and are there some solutions to it?
    Also how to add more columns to Full Screen Start menu (picture from buid 10130)
    Screenshot (4).png
    to be like in build 9926 for example picture below
    Screenshot (2).png
    Thanks in advance.

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Look what they have build in with right mouse click on the desktop :p

ccc.png

Did not see that before ;) CCC AMD :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Available for a long time in older Windows OS'es too!! Nothing new!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1065 pisthai, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Never seen it before how funny is that thx for clearing that up !!

7. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I don't remember a time without that CCC right click menu. Its been there since the Windows XP days for me.

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I always used the icon tray to get to CCC :biggrin:

9. neklausinek

neklausinek MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    Best Windows 10 Build is 10130, and i wait July 29th :)

10. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #1070 SkOrPn, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    lol, I always disabled the icon tray within seconds of finishing the driver install. That is the difference right there. haha :D

Right click desktop > CCC > Preferences > Disable Tray Icon. Done! It is far more convenient for me to right click the desktop to use AMD's CCC.

11. ady199

ady199 MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #1071 ady199, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    Unable to install Windows 10 10130 Pro x64 - Help!!

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro 10130 x64 onto my desktop but I keep getting the following error at setup:-

We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Help!!

Edit: managed to solve the issue by setting rufus to mbr mode of bios

12. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    try this: boot on iso, tick "installation" then "advanced" see what partitions are shown, choose the system one, validate go on with install

13. stephr1

stephr1 MDL Junior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Finally(!) got around to reloading 10130 as a new virtual system in VMWare (rather than just upgrading) and everything seems to be working OK. Took a while to install, but seems to be functioning normal (start menu and search).

14. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    I really apologize but I have a really dumb question. Ive been on summer break and having been keeping up with the latest Win10 news.

Is build 10130 the latest official (non-leak) fast ring build?

Again, Im sorry.

15. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Yep, it is.

16. stephr1

stephr1 MDL Junior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    OK. Spoke a little too soon. Still some issues....

After getting back the start menu after the new install yesterday, today the it disappeared again. It does seem to be related to settings under Settings/Personalization/Start. I had left the 1st one "ON" and turned off the 2 below it. However, once I turned on all 3, the start menu came back (could turn off the 2 lower settings and Start Menu as still OK). The system is off at the moment but I'll check it again tomorrow and see if anything's changed.

On a different, yet somewhat related note......

I have enabled Quick Launch (tho, may not really need it for Win 10) and stuffed a few app shortcuts on it. I tried setting the properties of the task bar to Combine icon/labels and, while that occurred for open tasks, it did nothing for shortcuts in the Quick Launch bar (I want to remember that in previous Win 10 releases this was not a problem). I have the icon and text descriptor to the right...

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks and cheers.....

17. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Its been there in the last few builds after WU installs the AMD GFX drivers.
    Anyone know how to remove it ???

The GFX on my laptop is real lowend and doesn't need all the ATI CC stuff, or this link making the context menu longer. :(

18. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I always used a special trick when I was using my AMD system. I'm not running it right now so I don't have precise details. (Going by memory here)

It always installed CCC after the drivers installed and it would call for the install of CCC from a .bat file which would start the setup.exe

It was something like: C:\Program Files\AMD\CCC2\

There was a .bat file and a setup.exe file in there that I would move away to another directory for backup. Removing those ensures that it wont automatically install CCC again afterward.

Then you can go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - and simply uninstall CCC

I believe the system needs to restart after that. CCC will be gone, but the drivers will remain and will not install CCC again.

19. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    @WildByDesign,
    Thanks mate, but that won't work with WU. :(

Normally I d/l the AMD drivers, extract them, delete any CCC files, then install drivers from Device Manger.
    Install pops up an error 'Can't find file ccc????' but drivers install fine without all the CCC stuff. ;)

20. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i notice win 10 101030 windows update doesn't offer defender definitions anymore,i checked with 8.1 machine as well and it had the same behavior,windows update wont find any,but if you go straight to defender and try update,it will download them.