[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Oops :biggrin3:

2. TheStutch

TheStutch MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2018
    #202 TheStutch, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    NOTE: The modified script is updated and maintained here
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-enterprise-ltsc-2019.76325/page-12#post-1464527

It is a direct match to the original except for bits I removed since they are not applicable to LTSB 2016 and the changes needed to allow the script to run with the 14393 build.
    All the required changes are documented and easily seen by searching the script for "LTSB"
    [EDIT]
    Some advice (I hope it's clear)
    My extracted WIM is in "D:\Images\LTSB"
    I put the extracted NetFx3 file "microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab" in "D:\OS Install Pack\NetFx3"

Run the script directly in an elevated PowerShell prompt

PowerShell script with suggested parameters
    Code:
    .\Optimize-Offline-3113-LTS.ps1 -ImagePath "D:\Images\LTSB\install.wim" -Build 14393 -SystemApps -Registry "Hardened" -NetFx3 "D:\OS Install Pack\NetFx3"
    When the first System Applications grid pops-up, I only remove six (6) items:
    Microsoft.ADD.BrokerPlugin
    Microsoft.BioEnrollment
    Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager
    Microsoft.Windows.Cortana
    Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls
    Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI

That's it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    I always laugh at "debloat" scripts that are themselves some of the most bloated scripts in existence. No logic, no structure, blindly repeating stuff, user friendliness towards zero.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TheStutch

TheStutch MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2018
    I totally agree.
    Some of the "debloat" scripts you find on this site are poorly documented and so convoluted in their code construction that one becomes suspicious of the developers intent.
    ...Before someone misinterprets what I'm saying ... there are code developers here on MDL that produce the most amazing and useful script/tools imaginable. I'm only referring to the crappy debloat scripts on here...
    That's why I prefer to use the ones you find on GitHub where there is some standard for documentation and code construction. For instance, I'm not in the least bit a PowerShell expert, but the Optimize-Offline script/tool I've been posting about is so easy to understand that even I could quickly edit it to make it work with build 14393 LTSB 2016.

5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    #205 AveYo, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    doh

6. TheStutch

TheStutch MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2018
    I can't help you there.
    All I know is Optimize-Offline makes a custom 'light' image using the official ISO (removes Defender, telemetry, biometric and interactive components).
    It does it in a manner that will always allow updates. It does it without breaking the OS. I'm not going to defend it's integrity, but I'm sure if the developer will show up here at some point and will 'help' you to see the errors of your 'opinion'.

7. AndyMutz

AndyMutz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2011
    why?
    LTSB 2016 suddenly stopped working for you? :p

-andy-

8. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    IE is needed for some obscure Enterprise stuff. Since LTSB is specifically meant for Enterprise and backwards compatibility...

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    sorry dude, but I disagree because I have used LTSB modified without IE and never had issues until now

10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Only downloading the first time without internet explorer of FF will be difficulty hehe :p

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep bro, or maybe using drums like Tarzan :D:p

12. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009

It works just fine. Am I not allowed to be anxious for a new release...??

Or would you have me run my enthusiasm by you first...???:D

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It was easy until Mozilla switched off their FTP servers. Back in the times, I had systems where IE was so old, it literally was unable to browse Mozilla's HTTP(S) server to download Fx...

14. uaaysakk112

uaaysakk112 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2018
    I thought LTSB didn't contain cortana and xbox stuff, why does it have to be removed with this tool?
    There are just traces left in LTSB but they are unusable?
    What effect does removing them do?

15. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    I'm actually surprised that GodHand did not share his script on MDL, being a member on this board.
    He did criticize MSMG toolkit on several occasions but when asked to provide alternatives, he did not do so.

Cheers.

16. AzimsTech

AzimsTech MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2017
    I have been waiting this for emoji support xD

17. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Cortana is just a name for regular Windows Search in the case of LTSB - it doesn't have actual Cortana, so if you remove it the Windows Search will be broken. The Xbox thing is just Game DVR overlay for recording videos in 3D applications, not the Xbox app that you know from regular Windows 10 editions, however you can easily disable that permanently with a few tweaks.

18. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    He created a topic for testers but so far has not released more information. I was very interested.

19. uaaysakk112

uaaysakk112 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2018
    Ok thank you. Would the LTSB/C updates ever add those things back in? Or we can't be sure?

20. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    for now this never happened and i doubt it will happen in the future.
    we won't get feature updates in the first place, so all updates we get won't add any new features. only bugfixes and security updates.