[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. kaulfield

kaulfield MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
  2. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    yes it will :)

3. kaulfield

kaulfield MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2017
    Links got deleted?

4. ZerOx16x

ZerOx16x MDL Member

Oct 28, 2013
  5. Godney

Godney MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2017
    I cannot wait for this release. I've had enough of Windows 10 Home.

6. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    That's not LTSC though :(

7. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Can someone please explain the big deal about LTSC... Whats wrong with uninstall the built-in apps and install firewall control....???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Actually a server 2019 lite edition may be better.

9. seth66

seth66 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    @Superfly
    - no need to go to the trouble of upgrading every 6 months - LTSC/LTSB has 10 years of support, you can use that version safely until your computer naturally decomposes :))
    - why would one waste time de-linting the system every 6 months when there is a "clean" version from the factory?
    - from version to version there is new stuff to track and remove.
    - windows updates sometimes fails to install on a heavily tweaked system.
    - i could go on and on...

LTSC is a version for ones that need functionality and stability over bells and whistles

10. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #274 MrMagic, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Not having to

EDIT - Oh, and no 6 monthly 'feature' updates

12. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Huh? I'm shocked at the lack of knowledege here from seasoned guru's.. blocking updates is mandatory! Both from a driver and "well-being" perspective. Take control!

13. seth66

seth66 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2008
    "firewall control" doesn't solve the other issues in my previous post.

Application level firewall is needed on any version / edition of windows to prevent possible data exfiltration, security and for more control.
    You seem to favor chopping off features in consumer editions of windows instead of looking at the advantages of LTSB/C edition.

14. JumpyJim

JumpyJim MDL Junior Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I want a certified Win10 non-bloat version designed for uptime and reliability. The appeal of no unstable updates or features on a very reliable OS is what attracted me to LTSB years ago. Driver wise, I always default to the manufactor (i.e Nvidia, AMD etc) and not MS. To each their own I suppose.

15. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    No. You are wrong on so many levels... I give up.

16. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning MDL Member

Sep 20, 2018
    I agree with you and LTSB/LTSC is great for those reasons.

I'm in a category that is in high minority, using my gaming machine offline with no connection to the internet whatsoever (literally unheard of these days)
    No version of Windows 10 will ever nag me about anything so it doesn't matter if I choose LTSB/LTSC or regular Windows 10.

When I used to run Windows 10 on my laptop before switching to Linux Ubuntu LTS, I used to run the LTSB version.

I'll say that the LTSB/LTSC versions is great for online use, at least they're somewhat safe.

17. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    1. LTSC receives only Security Updates, no Feature Updates will ever be installed through Windows Update - this means that your settings and tweaks will never get resetted/erased. It's also the reason why LTSC is absolutely the best base for any visual modifications (theme patchers, etc). Security Updates are actually good thing because they fix vulnerabilities in the NT kernel, etc.

2. LTSC is originally chopped by Microsoft, so you don't have to manually remove all the UWP apps, some of the UWP apps in Consumer Editions are deeply integrated into the OS and it's hard to trace leftovers and other junk after removing them - most guides and tools to remove UWP apps are outdated, so garbage leftovers are still present in the OS after you remove them.

3. LTSC has Win32 API replacements for some of the missing UWP apps, for example there is Win32 API version of "Calculator" from Windows 7, which is missing in Home/Pro SKUs of Windows 10, so you don't have to bring it back manually.