[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Jumbo Flapjack

Jumbo Flapjack MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    What would I need to include in a ei.cfg for the N version to work?

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    #3042 boyonthebus, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    @Enthousiast recommends installing NON - N as N version is a broken version mandated by the EU.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Original 17763.1 LTSC EI.CFG:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    volume

[VL]

Yep, N will always cause problems of some kind, in the future.

4. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
  5. New to the integration part, whats weong with updating the OS later on through Windows updates?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    17763.1 tended to delete userfiles when upgrading, integrating the updates solves all. Only 17763.1 LTSC contained N versions.

7. Jumbo Flapjack

Jumbo Flapjack MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I honestly just prefer a nice and clean new installation of Windows :).

8. Wow, didnt know that! I guess I will integrate the new updates in. Do you know how I can go about this process and which/where updates I can choose? Thanks in advance!

9. Makes sense, I too like clean installation :) Do you know where I can go to do this? New to the integration process, thanks :)

10. alcit

alcit MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2017
    hi... i currently on win 10 2019 LTSC, and I just found that all my downloaded file became coruppted.
    just downloaded win 10 consumer esd twice yesterday via techbench and got error when trying to decrypt them.
    first i thing it because of my connection and today i try to download via torrent iso file to prevent corrupted file and guess what, every time i check with hash checker the hash value always change between first check, second check and third check..
    so i just wonderer i've anyone here ever have same problem and how to solved this problem
    ps. sorry if this littke out off topic, because i never had this problem on ltsb 2016

11. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Ntlite has a free basic version that works fine for many users.

You only need to integrate before install if you are planning on installing using the 1st version of ltsc iso which also contains N edition(which you don't want to install as it is just a crippled version for EU regulation purpose).Later updated version of ltsc iso does not have the issue of deleting user folders data while upgrading so you can simply download & install using the updated/latest version iso of ltsc & then run windows update as usual.

Depends on your preference,still I would suggest to not use any of them right now & simply use the updated ltsc for a few days/week.Only after this would you be able to know how much stuff you want to be removed & which of these tool would be most suitable for that.

12. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Optimize-Offline can't integrate updates, you have to use newest version of W10UI to integrate updates before using Optimize-Offline script.
    I've always had some problems with MSMG Toolkit, sometimes it could break Windows installation after component removal, etc, personally i am using NTLite because i have paid license for it and im satisfied by this tool, i never had any serious issues with it myself.
    But just as @whitestar_999 wrote above; it's recommended to use clean LTSC 2019 for a while, in the VM or something, so you can get used to it and know which components you don't want in the OS, i use LTSC 2019 since it's got released and i still haven't created my *perfect* setup with best registry tweaks, services optimization, etc. :)

13. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    NTLite free does all you need
    been using a no defender etc for 3 months .. fantastic :dunno:

14. AndyMutz

AndyMutz MDL Senior Member

Jun 30, 2011
    that is most likely a hardware problem, e.g. bad RAM causes exact those symptoms.

-andy-

15. BlackRiddle

BlackRiddle MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2018
    Where is the most recent version of ISO files for LTSC version? I remember while ago I found a topic that had a bunch of ISO with all the languages for LTSC

16. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011