[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. LxFashion

LxFashion MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2017
    Is there any estimation for when the LTSC will be updated to (minimum) 18312? This version brings a huge update for music production.

2. weberio

weberio MDL Member

Nov 22, 2016
    LTSB = 2016
    LTSC = 2019
    Next = 2022?

3. Thatoe

Thatoe MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2018

4. LxFashion

LxFashion MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2017
    ouch.... then I should spend some time with Optimize-Offline & latest Windows 10 Pro I suppose - as I don't know other utility that can reduce the bloat. oh man, LTSC is sooo clean.

Just as information, old windows version have some sort of limit to 128 slots for dll linking and digital audio workstations are starting to reach the limit because they can load hundreds of plugins. The new version increases the slot count to 4096 so this problem becomes inexistent.

5. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    #3365 Krager, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Yeah it is, refreshingly clean. Yesterday I bought another laptop for my wife same as the one I bought for myself a few months ago. I did the out of box setup to make sure there's no factory defects before reloading it with LTSC. Slogging through Win10 Home is a painful experience. Was a nice little reminder of how much happier I am with this version.

BTW, the machine is a top of the line Acer Aspire 7. Love these machines, really nice and they're way cheaper than other brands with comparable hardware. Been into Acer laptops for a long time, really good value and hold up well.

6. yeadyead123

yeadyead123 MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2019
    can some1 link a magnetlink for the latest win 10 ltsb/ltsc ?

7. 3zero3

3zero3 MDL Senior Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Ok, which host or site You want?

To make sure that You can download.

8. Black couch

Black couch MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2019
    Anyone that installed LTSC 2019 on a recent/top of the line laptop?

I want to know if there are any compatibility issues; my MSI GS65 is coming soon and i want to get rid of home and put on the LTSC. I am wondering if nvidia optimus works right on LTSC and if there are any other issues that i should be aware of.

9. Black couch

Black couch MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2019
    Can someone also help me with a latest official W10 LTSC 64bit 2019 iso download link? i am without knowledge in the software domain and i absolutely have no clue of the jargon used around here...only managed to try SVF.ISO.CONVERTER but i've just read it doesn't work anymore?
    thank you

10. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
  11. Black couch

Black couch MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2019
    freddie-o thank you

12. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    LTSC is so much nicer especially for customizing, you'll definitely be happy with it.

I'm using LTSC on a recent model laptop with Intel UHD 630 and GTX 1060 running concurrently. No issues switching between graphics processors. In fact everything works impressively well.

Using the nVidia 417.71 and Intel 25.20.100.6373 drivers. There is a potential issue with the latest Intel driver and LTSC. That's why I'm using the last version of the Intel driver without the UWP control panel. Though LTSC can run UWP stuff, the foundation is there. I'm using the older driver to be on the safe side, maybe unnecessary. The latest nVidia driver is probably fine, but 417.71 has a lot of mileage on it and is known to work well.

In terms of driver installation I unpack the Intel driver and install it from device manager -> update driver. For nVidia I run the driver executable package. I have automatic driver updates through Windows disabled.

13. Black couch

Black couch MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2019
    #3377 Black couch, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Edit: just noticed this thread is not exactly the right place for what i am asking in this comment, so delete if so
    If i may ask you for a bit more help, it would be much appreciated!
    Is there a particular order in which the drivers should be installed? I've been downloading everything from the MSI GS65 driver/utility support to have ready, but besides the order, there seems to be a bunch of utilities/drivers that maybe aren't really needed?
    i'm looking at all of these and i have no clue if some are mandatory for the laptop run fine...like realtek audio control considering they also make me use nahimic? what's the point of having 2 control apps?

I'll be installing windows (while keeping it offline at all times during the software/driver install before activation) > turn off automatic driver updates > start installing these in this order:

Intel chipset driver
    VGA-intel graphics driver
    -Nvidia graphics driver
    -nvidia control panel (or use geforce experience for both and install them at the very end?)
    Touchpad-synapthics (though i'm looking for precision ones if they can be installed)
    Radio Switch
    Intel bluetooth
    Intel management engine driver (no clue what this is)
    Intel rapid storage technology driver (or F6 version?)
    Intel thunderbolt
    Intel wireless LAN driver
    Killer LAN driver
    Realtek audio driver

Utility:
    Dragon center 2
    MSI driver and app center (not needed?)
    Nahimic 3 (?)
    Realtek audio control (?)
    Steelseries engine 3
    True color 2.0

Is there something wrong with the above/anything missing?

Thanks a lot!

14. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
  15. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    nVidia driver depends on Intel driver so Intel first.

In terms of drivers (and there's a ton of them for my laptop, nineteen besides video), I integrate everything except the video drivers into the install.wim image. That's done offline using dism. The video drivers are the only ones I do after installation. They're just too complex and large to allow dism to handle that. Everything else dism handles fine.

To integrate drivers offline you do need the actual unpacked folder. Some vendors only provide exectuable installation files which may or may not provide the actual unpacked files. I've had to get a little creative at times. I've pulled drivers out the Windows repository before to set up an image offline (the repositry is located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository).

I'm only using the base legacy Realtek audio driver (package size about 9mb). I get it from the Microsoft Catalog which is where i get most of my drivers. Search on the hardware ID obtained from device manager to find them. I don't use anything other than the built-in speakers and ear buds so I don't need anything fancy.

I can't say the same about the audio as I can the video. Video works perfect, audio does not. Most of the time it works well, but sometimes Action Center chimes get cut off a bit, no issues in games. Not something I'm going to worry about. I think that's a Windows issue not a driver issue.

16. Black couch

Black couch MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2019
    #3380 Black couch, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Edit: just read about dism and all that; seems indeed what i have downloaded are mostly

I'll have to look for some guides, had not clue about dism and all the other stuff until i read what you wrote : )

executables and it is a pain in the ass to find the unpacked/inf files. guess i'll have to wait for the laptop to go into the repository and find them there

Most of the drivers from the msi website are some archives that contain a folder with autoruns and some other stuff. Is that what is needed?
    I'll have to check a video explaining this, i'm way out of my league. Just learned how to create a bootable usb stick with windows iso