[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    wait! is this going to happen? another ltsc release is near the door? o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It will be the same as with 2015 LTSB > 2016 LTSB > 2019 LTSC, by ISO only.
    Every three year is the goal of MSFT.

2019 LTSC being released september 2018, expecting the next LTSC around 2021.

3. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    #5643 AeonX, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Use only one of the 2 CUs: KB4570333 or KB4577069

I recommend the latest one (KB4577069) as it fixes bugs while the first one (Patch Tuesday) contains only security fixes (and bug fixes from previous CUs).

I don't know exactly what you did but you used 2 CUs which are big files so it takes time to integrate. The script in the default settings integrates the updates in winre.wim as well (which is inside install.wim). Depending on how you did it the script will integrate the updates in boot.wim as well.

To make the integration faster I disable the WinRE update (WinRE=0 in W10UI.ini) and extract the \sources\install.wim and the \sources\sxs folder from the ISO to the same folder as the W10UI so it will not update the boot.wim. After integrating the updates you can delete the sxs folder. In that case you will have to use another tool to create the ISO. And if you don't mind the Reset this PC feature you can activate ResetBase (Cleanup=1 and ResetBase=1) so the cleanup will be faster and will reduce the image size a little more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Fixed :D

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #5645 Enthousiast, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Why not just aim W10UI to the install.wim directly, then it won't update the boot.wim either.

ps, from 2004 the winre.wim is not updated with the CU, only the SSU and DU for SafeOS is now used for winre.wim.

ps2, resetbase on 1809 still breaks stuff.

6. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Integrating updates is a time-consuming process for testing so I never tried to do that :D if boot.wim is not present it cannot be updated. That was my idea.

I thought that this only happens in version 1607.

7. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    @Enthousiast I didn't remember this quote from abbodi1406 since I always use ISOs without updates so in practice it makes no difference to me.

In this case the ISO that yro is using contains updates. This ISO contains the Safe OS update so W10UI will not integrate CU in winre.wim is that it? So in that case it won't make much difference in time.

8. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    well, too much trouble for me guys.. im ok with the 2019 iso and the updates in separate folder so i install then offline after installing the os.

9. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    I'm being bombarded with adverts for microsoft ...... every few seconds i get a pop up saying ' You might need to install s**t from microsoft ' ...... and it wont allow me to watch videos ........ i have to download them and then i can watch them with MPClassic ......... does anyone know how to stop it please ....... besides installing another vversion of windows ....... or that media s**t ? :)

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Never......................ever .................................................got............................................................. any...............................................................................................................advertisement........................................ in................................... windows..........., .................................................except........................ once............................................................................................. the.......................................................................................................... onedrive.....

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    LOL

12. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Tha nk you for you r hel p ent hou sia st

13. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    I sussed out what it was = Me :) ............ ' someone ' :) posted this ---- > How To Remove THIS SETTING IS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANIZATION and i tried it ....... and it doesnt work :)

Two of the registry keys cant be deleted ...... allthough they have nothing in them . Its a dumb idea anyway because at least some of the settings = policys in those keys were set by me :) = IF it works ........ but it doesnt :) ....... one would have to do it BEFORE one changes / sets any settings ...... or ....... be woken up with a shock as i just was as my computer told me that it had just updated and was going to restart !!! ........ allthough automatic updates are turned off ...... and i lost what i was doing ......... then it restarted and told me it was installing feature update to windows 10 1903 ........ told me it had installed it .......and when i restarted it hadnt installed it :)

And ...... the red message ' Some settings are managed by your organisation ' is still there :)

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :rolleyes:

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #5656 Tiger-1, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    @case-sensitive Hello well if i can help you with something more effective and as long as it is to my humble knowledge please don't hesitate mate and always remembering that we are learning something every second as long as you are really interested of course ok you are welcome

EDIT: sorry i forgot to say anything maybe out of context it's simple send a private message that i think more convenient certain brothers your orders and for any member :)

16. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Thanks X 2 :) ....... Dont get me wrong ........ you posted that in good faith and i was bored and tested it ........ and had a load of fun doing it , found some things out i didnt know and learnt from it ........ i also had a good laugh at myself ........ and its not your fault that it didnt work :)

17. Teknik

Teknik MDL Senior Member

Oct 9, 2010
    @Enthousiast Clean installation of LTSC 2019 and then updated. Is there a problem with /resetbase ? Thanx

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No problems expected, it's disabled on windows by default, even when the /resetbase command is added to the commandline, it should only run /startcomponentcleanup.

19. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    ok guys, another prolblem here..

i just tried to install the 2019 ltsc pt-br on my machine and it was a no good.. during install the setup asked me for some drive missing and i cant see the hdd to select partitions.. abny advice? in mbr mode, bios in legacy, etc..

I endup deleting the entire thing and later ill try to make a new iso with the base iso and the file uploaded by enthousiast.