[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    err as I didn't see this I'm going blind ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    #5702 shhnedo, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    @Tuoni_NL Key word - USUALLY. Also, I never said it's a reliable way of testing a psu. It's just a fast one. Reliable would be grabbing a free psu connector and poke at it while the PC is running, preferably with a stress test on. Considering pinouts, a molex and a pci-e connector would be a nice pair of connectors to test on under load.

Also, we're kinda going offtopic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 321231854

321231854 MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2020
    OFFTOPIC:

Buy Seasonic and have no worries on next years....

4. samgu

samgu MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2015
    Sorry, I know this boat is gone, but after googling a lot, would you help me confirm if my understanding is right, please?

I have a Ryzen gaming system on it. I currently have a Windows 10 Pro license.

1- I cannot go from pro to LTSC
    2- I will miss the new Ryzen scheduling feature (gaming may/may not be affected because of it)
    3- If I don't want to run Windows as it is, Linux is my best option, because of item 1&2 above

Sorry if those questions have been confirmed before.

5. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    In a nutshell - yes, yes and yes.

6. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    And the more code is brought from xbox and winX in the updates ahead, the better a Ryzen system will run.
    With 2004 and 20H2 is already not just about scheduler.

7. samgu

samgu MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2015
    Thank you. The other alternative for activation is to use KMS or other tips I saw in other posts, right?

8. nigaboiiii

nigaboiiii MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2017
    Not sure if this is to far offtopic, but I'm using LTSC so don't have Microsoft Store. (And would prefer not to install)
    I'm trying to install Lenovo Vantage which is only available from there. I've tried using store.rg-adguard but that site doesn't seem to be able to find this app (even though so far this is what I've used for other apps)

Are there any alternative ways to download appx files from the microsoft store without adding the store and without an account?

9. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
  10. sxhilkxdxm

sxhilkxdxm MDL Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Go for Lenovo vantage enterprise , install System Interface Foundation V2 prior to Vantage installation.
    No need of MS Store

11. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    I am having a very strange issue on win 10 LTSC 2019 updated to latest version on my recently assembled desktop. I have an AC wifi usb adapter(Realtek 1200mbps) which has a setting in Device Manager--Advanced titled "QoS". Now if QoS is set to auto or enabled then what happens is that as long as I launch a media player & play any video file stored locally, the upload speed(of torrent program) drops down to 200-300KB/s from 4-5MB/s & will remain there until media player is closed. Now if I disable QoS then this issue goes away but another one takes its place which is very high latency in local network(even pinging the router gives avg 800-900ms pings) & almost unbrowsable local network speed of 40-50KB/s while trying to access shared folders from another pc in the local network.

I have narrowed it down to WMM(wifi multi media) feature which is a part of wifi standard & win 7 onwards is available on all windows versions. Currently I am using an older driver for my realtek usb wifi AC adapter to somewhat reduce the impact of this issue. Can anybody tell me what is the relation between QoS/WMM & playback of a locally stored media file because it has no relation with network whatsoever(I have not enabled media streaming feature of windows).

12. qwesta

qwesta MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I wanted to create a debug mode ► to get a log file
    , so I did or edited this so, but I couldn't see the log file.

:: enable debug mode, you must also set target and repo (if updates are not beside the script)
    set _Debug=1

Any help is appreciated
    Thank you

13. energyyy

energyyy MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2013
    Can someone list me the correct order for clean install on new pc?

1.first install 7763.316 and activate it
    2.get latest updates for manual offline install (ssu,cu,flash,Dotnet48,Dotnetfx35,defender update) but in what order to install them?
    3.after that directx,visual c++?
    4.then drivers bios->chipset->video driver->audio driver->lan->wlan->bt->others?
    5.connect pc to internet for fist time and run windows update
    6.other my apps like office, browser, media player and etc?

And finally after this all how to clean files made during update or driver install, windows build in cleaner, ccleaner or commands like /resetbase, /startcomponentcleanup?

14. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #5717 freddie-o, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    If by "manual offline install" you mean Add-Package(s) to your Image -- this is done "offline" before you do a clean install
    Then you do a clean install
    Update (in case there are updates you haven't added to your offline Image) Install drivers
    Install your apps

Update:
    If you are going to update your offline Image anyway, you can also just use 17763.1

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Online install, no specific order required.

Offline pre-update:

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This probably is about W10UI?

What help do you need?

17. qwesta

qwesta MDL Senior Member

Jul 22, 2011
    YES, I wanted to make an update as usual using W10U, and thereafter also create a log file, to know what exactly was done.
    Couldn't get it to work for me, although the update went smoothly and also created an ISO