[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    :D:p I understand what you wrote. I'm talking about trying drivers for Windows 7, did you even try to install? One thing is AMD doesn't support Windows 8.1 another thing is the drivers aren't actually compatible. At least nvidia drivers for windows 7 work on 8.1 even for cards where nvidia doesn't support, probably nvidia and amd don't support Win8.1 due to few users using this OS. But that doesn't mean the drivers don't work.

Other than that, I'm using Windows 10 21H1 lited with NTLite and I don't have any problem with paging file. I suggest trying this, just remove Windows apps with NTLite free or MSMG and this will be virtually the same as LTSC but more updated and better supported by Microsoft. Or try LTSC with an older update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yay ok brother I'm a guy a little nervous and decided so in a few minutes I'll be back using the newest version of Win10 21H1 that I downloaded this morning and then I must post the result and more on another usb stick I already have Linux mint also ready to install result: what is more stable is who live will see!;):D:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok I know NTLite also is very good but after that I know my 2nd Master Chris Titus things are more simple to me altough works with Powershell is not one simple task...:D

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #6187 Tiger-1, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    hmm finally managed to solve the serious problem of pagefile.sys on my WinOS 10 LTSC 2019 after almost going crazy that I found the solution I found that simply was using the wrong iso 17.763.1 when the correct version is 17.763.316 hehe are bones of the officio I think...;):D
    EDIT: hehe sometimes life plays tricks on people!!!, hmm this happened to me in this serious problem described above so this time I did not use the MSMG Toolkit or third party tools to modify the system so I used the CORRECT iso without changing anything for installation left the modifications to be made already with the system online using only the brain and my still small knowledge when it comes to subject but to be more brief I can say that this was my best build ever using only the native tools of Windows 10 and of course with the W10 ADK for W10 LTSC 2019 nothing more; then concluding I can say that the version of W10 easier to work is undoubtedly the version LTSC had no problems with the command sfc /scannow and in system configuration everything works as fast as it should be ... the system response is fantastic like I've never seen before is this.

5. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Yes of course you can remove apps with PowerShell too but it's less intuitive and if you don't remove all apps a bit more annoying too.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No, I don't dual boot Windows/Linux. I just knew there was that way to use UTC in the firmware. Next best option would be to use an NTP client and correct the clock at bootup.

7. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Senior Member

May 5, 2010
    This is the solution that worked for me to make Linux use 'Local' time. At the command prompt enter:

sudo timedatectl set-local-rtc 1

8. twizter

twizter MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    Nimbus2000, that command is exactly the one I used in linux, where I got a bold 'white text' warning asking me to turn the settings back to what they were because its not a good thing to force linux to use RTC time. And that is why I'm looking for a 'better' solution.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    I force Windows to UTC, and since I install Linux after Windows, I also switch Linux over to UTC as well (the distros I use use localtime if it detects an existing Windows install).

In Linux:

Code:
    sudo timedatectl set-local-rtc '0'
    And Windows:

Code:
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation" /v "RealTimeIsUniversal" /t REG_QWORD /d "1" /f
    Never had any issues in either OS that I'm aware of. I've used Ubuntu, Fedora, and openSUSE TW. I think my BIOS time stays localtime or something, but afaik that doesn't affect anything.

10. aab_

aab_ MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Not sure if it's just me but I don't see any threads on Windows 10 LTSC 2021 yet. Does anyone know when it's coming out yet? Any rumors or news links?

11. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Anywhere between October this year to march next year.

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hello twizter well I have not anti-virus for years and for my safety I use Adguard premium is enough...

13. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    whats the latest iso for ltsc 2019? is it on uup dump?

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    17763.316 (Feb. 2019)

LTSB/C is not distributed through UUP.